Menu

I don't get how people come out and brag about their drug use

They just recently de-modded a bunch of the adult moderators and changed the rules on what the mods can mute. You can still report them for talking about illegal activities, but it is a changing company. Sad.

IME, any time there are big rule changes, the players heavily test their boundaries.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

on Runescape. A "guy" (ie. his avatar) came up to me just now and told me "If you're wondering, I'm smoking a reefer." I told him "I wasn't wondering". . . :glare: I've heard others bragging about doing cocaine and other harder stuff. Do they think this gives them some kind of game street cred?

You need to remember that a significant percentage of players are young, immature, and lying. (Not to mention noobs ;))

When I played, I believed very little of what I heard.

Mark me an old fogey who doesn't see this as a cool thing to brag about!

It's just the shock factor. It's similar in function to when kids try out swear words. They truly aren't doing drugs in the numbers represented.

I tended to ignore anyone I identified as less than 25.

Not to mention that I have NEVER heard anyone refer to it as "smoking a reefer". Wrong usage.

I have a friend who tried it exactly ONCE and in the course of one week she used the phrase, "ya know, puff, puff, pass" twice and I finally told her, "you are the ONLY person I have ever heard use that phrase. People who actually smoke it don't talk like that!"

I agree with Joanne. That "guy" is most likely a very young kid trying for street cred. :glare:

Not to mention that I have NEVER heard anyone refer to it as "smoking a reefer". Wrong usage.

I have a friend who tried it exactly ONCE and in the course of one week she used the phrase, "ya know, puff, puff, pass" twice and I finally told her, "you are the ONLY person I have ever heard use that phrase. People who actually smoke it don't talk like that!"

I agree with Joanne. That "guy" is most likely a very young kid trying for street cred. :glare:

Isn't it supposed to be "puff, puff, give," anyway? I think that's from the movie Friday? I used to know some preteens who quoted that movie CONSTANTLY!

Mark me an old fogey who doesn't see this as a cool thing to brag about!

You know now I'm forced to call you an old fogey, don't you?

I'm probably older than you.

Have I told you about my meth lab? Yup! I have one out in the barn. You figure that there's some hefty meth building out there with over 100 lbs of manure a day. We're a small scale operation.:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Denisemomof4

Ugh. My ds11 plays this game. I keep wondering if I should make him stop.

If you are under 13, I think you are supposed to have settings that limit what language you can see (it's ******'d out). And it limits what you can say to set phrases. Obviously some of these kids have lied about their age (or are 13 or over). The game itself isn't bad and is fun. The "baddies" hang out at certain places (the palace courtyard is one place) and brag about drug use and sexual conquests.

If you are under 13, I think you are supposed to have settings that limit what language you can see (it's ******'d out). And it limits what you can say to set phrases. Obviously some of these kids have lied about their age (or are 13 or over). The game itself isn't bad and is fun. The "baddies" hang out at certain places (the palace courtyard is one place) and brag about drug use and sexual conquests.

Ok, well that is what ds told me just now when I asked him about it. I feel better....

(he is highly amused that my homeschool board is discussing 'his' game) :D

I started playing to see how the climate was. My experience is that there is way more nice than foul, but I don't hang out at the g.e. or the palace ctyd...I'm usually mining or questing. We hear more foul and sexually suggestive language in stores than in game. I haven't been propositioned in over a year...maybe it's my clothing choice?

I started playing to provide company for my ds. My ds loves to tell anyone who talks to us "She's my mom!" And yes, I don't hear it all the time - that was sort of why it took me aback when I had someone come up to me and say this while I was mining!

I've heard some pretty funny and lame pick up lines. The one I like best is "If you're a girl, I'll trade you something".

Ugh. My ds11 plays this game. I keep wondering if I should make him stop.

I started playing about 6-7 years ago when my oldest asked if he could play. I wanted to know what it was about. I spent a year playing (it was the year of the divorce/separation).

I did let my kids play and I'd let an internet safety saavy 11 year old play.