Menu

Any Nurses here who work and HS?

Hi! I'm an LPN and my state recently switched laws for licensing. To maintain my license I need to work (or hours of practice) a certain amount of hours in a year. I haven't worked in the last year. We moved for DH's job and we've moved 3x in 12mos one of the moves being a 5 hours from our old home. We also started homeschooling.

Time will start ticking soon on my hours requirement. I've thought of doing home health nursing 1-2 shifts a week. Per Diem at a nursing home, On Call for a clinic (but I'd be limited on when I'm available). Working Urgent care. Doing flu shots. Or volunteering at a crisis clinic. I'm morelikely than not going to start volunteering at the crisis clinic next month. I like clinical nursing and I can pick up two shifts a month when DH is home.

Another thought I had was during the summer sending the kids to Day Camp and working for 2-3 mos.

What do you do? What works for your family?

There is a homeschooling Mom in our gymnastics class that works as a nurse. She works odd shifts, depends on her in-laws whom I think live next door. She works on the weekends. I think her husband may work a different shift so that they are tag-teaming a lot with the in-laws there to help for a few hours when she needs them.

Sorry I can't be of more help but they make it work. Good luck!!

I work 2 12 hr shifts/week. I LOVE working, as it gets me out with other adults.

I work mostly weekends, but not every weekend so I can see dh some. I work PRN so I can request days off.

It's very doable. Have a schedule planned for school while you're gone so someone else can follow it or do school on the weekends if you work during the week. Be flexible and plan ahead. Doing 2 12's per week I worked more than 1000hrs from Feb-Dec.