Menu

Is anyone familiar with Neptune Society and their procedures?

A close relative passed and Neptune Society will take care of her arrangements.

Can anyone tell me how this works, i.e. is the boat on a schedule set by Neptune, do the relatives choose the date, what happens during winter (storms and rough sea)?

To clarify: She will be cremated at Neptune and then her and her already deceased husband's ashes will be mingled and taken out on the ocean in the Neptune Society boat. She had arranged for the size of boat, how many people it accomodates, etc. Just wondering how it all happens.

I could call Neptune myself, instead I am sitting here still numb...asking you.

A close relative passed and Neptune Society will take care of her arrangements.

Can anyone tell me how this works, i.e. is the boat on a schedule set by Neptune, do the relatives choose the date, what happens during winter (storms and rough sea)?

To clarify: She will be cremated at Neptune and then her and her already deceased husband's ashes will be mingled and taken out on the ocean in the Neptune Society boat. She had arranged for the size of boat, how many people it accomodates, etc. Just wondering how it all happens.

I could call Neptune myself, instead I am sitting here still numb...asking you.

I'm sorry for your loss, and that I don't know anything about this but it sounds awesome.

I've told my kids to just prop me up on a jet ski and send me off into the sunset, but I suspect they can't get away with that.

We used their cremation services for my FIL. I like that they are committed to not commercializing the process or upselling the family.

We did not opt for the sea/boat thing as we were having his cremains buried in a cemetary per his wishes.

They will be flexible with the date and allow you to be there if you desire. We wanted to see the body one last time so we went and watched them move his body and start the process. We came back the next day and picked up the plain box and drove it to our city for burial.

I am sorry for your loss.

Edited by kijipt