Menu

Birthday gift ideas for dss12?

My DS12's favourite Christmas present was a good penknife.

His last birthday present was a punchbag on a stand and boxing gloves; all four boys have a wonderful time beating it up regularly - boys! :001_rolleyes:.

He still also likes Legos and K'Nex, although he seems a bit old for it to me.

Someone on here recommended the book 'Make Electronics' which he also got for Christmas with some of the necessary equipment. DH has actually taken over that project (and has spent a fortune :w00t:), but they have a great time together with it.

Other recent presents have included good tennis and badminton rackets.

Hope that helps

Best wishes

Cassy

Nerf guns?

Tickets to something? (Movie, basketball game, concert, snow tubing park, etc...)

Outing to a steak (or any type) of restaurant?

Magazine subscription? (Game Informer or something like that if he's into gaming...)

Huge candy bar? (Trader Joe's sells 1 lb. chocolate bars if he likes chocolate)

Considering your current issues with your dss, I would suggest that, instead of buying several more gifts, you get tickets for him and your dh to attend a sporting event, or make plans for the two of them to spend a very special day together, followed by a special dinner and cake at home with the rest of the family.

Considering your current issues with your dss, I would suggest that, instead of buying several more gifts, you get tickets for him and your dh to attend a sporting event, or make plans for the two of them to spend a very special day together, followed by a special dinner and cake at home with the rest of the family.

:iagree:

The punching bag is a great idea! I'm going to check if Walmart has one (only store around here) so I don't have to pay shipping. I also just ordered the book Making Electronics on Amazon, that'll be something dh can do with him. Thanks!

On his Birthday we're going out to eat at a Chinese restaurant (it's his favorite) and then having cake and ice cream with extended family and opening gifts. On Saturday dh was going to take him Ice Fishing and spend the day together.

Good idea with the sporting events I just looked it up, there's a pistons game on the 3rd. I'm going to to see what dh thinks! It is a bit of a drive, but I think it'd be fun for them.

Thanks! :)

My DS12 absolutely loves anything related to outdoor survival. Like a compass, binoculars, swiss army knife, magnesium firestarter, and neat little gadgets or books of the like. He has lots of books we've bought him over the last couple years with titles that sound like "How To Survive In The Wilderness" and "Animal Tracks & Signs".

:iagree: This is what I was thinking. Or, maybe 6 months of lessons for a martial art or sport that he would like to join. I think martial arts would be great for him to get out some of that anger and aggression. I think the punching bag is a great idea, too.