Menu

I hate it when men think women are just stupid.

Yup. And because I had a kid "young" (23) instead of getting graduate degrees or career experience... although I think I get this attitude from women as often as from men. Um, I COULD HAVE done those things (certainly had the credentials) -- I just chose not to.

Sorry about your frustration!

My dh is one of seven brothers. They are all in the same business, and all of the businesses are entwined with each other. :glare:

Many of my brothers-in-law think women are rather stupid (and to be honest, a couple of the wives very well may be). It comes out as the brothers determining to keep the wives out of the loop, and insisting that the business matters should be kept "private". :glare:

That just does not fly here. We discuss everything, and I tell my dh my opinions, though I do not attempt to interfere with what final decisions the group makes.

Irks me that they believe I'm stupid though. They've known me for almost 30 years, and still believe that I'm fluff. :confused:

Yeah, and the next time your household has to deal with a fire issue, you just let him handle it and critique from the sidelines. :glare:

As I said, it isn't dh. Dh was fine with the way that day played out.

But, yes, this does have to do with that day. I'll be so glad when that day is a part of my past.

As I said, it isn't dh. Dh was fine with the way that day played out.

But, yes, this does have to do with that day.

Mea culpa, I don't suppose smacking them over the head would be helpful, although that's a manly way of handling things. :tongue_smilie: <--that's a joke people.

Only stupid men think this. Projection, you know.

So true! I once worked with a guy who always felt the need to explain the most obvious things to me. I always felt insulted, like who wouldn't know that? After working with him more and more, I realized it was because it took HIM so long to understand things that he thought I would appreciate him sharing with me so I wouldn't have to waste my time thinking about it. As it turns out, it's not that he thought I was stupid, it was that he didn't realize HE was stupid!

So true! I once worked with a guy who always felt the need to explain the most obvious things to me. I always felt insulted, like who wouldn't know that? After working with him more and more, I realized it was because it took HIM so long to understand things that he thought I would appreciate him sharing with me so I wouldn't have to waste my time thinking about it. As it turns out, it's not that he thought I was stupid, it was that he didn't realize HE was stupid!

Poor guy. Probably not so much as stupid, but thinks differently than most.