Menu

The mystery of the periodic table

Stuart

Anybody read this? We are reading Archamedies and the door of science and my son loves it. He is also completely obsessed with the periodic chart right now. I was wondering if this has the same feel. The library doesn't have it so I would need to buy it.

Thanks

I haven't read the Archimedes book but we are reading The Mystery of the Periodic Table and enjoying it. Ds is 8 and very much a science kid. He also has always really enjoyed fact-rich non-fiction books. It is a bit dry but he loves it. I was a chemistry major in college and I'm learning new things. :)

We are reading it slowly and also using Fizz, Bubble, Flash and the Basher Periodic Table book. The three together are fantastic.

No experience with the title you asked about, but I wanted to mention The Elements if you haven't seen it yet. It can be found at a lot of libraries. Great book with great pictures!
:iagree: We got this for our dd for Christmas. She's biochem major and loved it. There's a sequel with a small sample of each element.

Thanks for the recommendations. Now I have two more chem books in my Amazon cart. :001_smile:

My library cart is steaming! Thanks so much for the great books/ideas. My son is going to love it. I can't wait to check out national chemistry week on the big computer in the AM. Looks like they have some free stuff

But it's hard to tell on my iPod.