Menu

I need a laminator, today!

I have decided to buy a laminator and would like to buy one today. I know the Scotch one on Amazon has been recommended but it's current price right now and they offer the same one at Wal-Mart for the same price.

Has anyone seen one on sale this week?

I have not seen one on sale. But I haven't been looking, either. :D Because I just *had* to have one, saw the Scotch one on lighning deal before Christmas, asked my dh if I could have it, and he said sure.

It's still in it's box in the basement. :001_huh: I feel guilty. I know it was like $18, but still. I hate the fact I haven't used it yet.

So if you're near me, come one over, and you can use mine! :D

I have not seen one on sale. But I haven't been looking, either. :D Because I just *had* to have one, saw the Scotch one on lighning deal before Christmas, asked my dh if I could have it, and he said sure.

It's still in it's box in the basement. :001_huh: I feel guilty. I know it was like $18, but still. I hate the fact I haven't used it yet.

So if you're near me, come one over, and you can use mine! :D

Thanks:001_smile: I am in California. I was going to go to our local Lakeshore store and have everything I wanted laminated there. It costs about $1.00 a page, I think. I have a lot to laminate and it's about 30 minutes drive just to get there. I am just talking myself into it. :001_smile:

I have the Scotch laminator. I've used it so far to laminate a bunch of bookmarks and some other odds and ends. I think you get what you pay for; it's all right but nothing great. Note that it's only rated for up to 5 mil pouches, though it features a "5+ mil" setting; using 10 mil pouches can work but it's a headache. I believe that the local Staples charges $1/page for 3 mill lamination, $1.50 for 5 mil, and $2 for 10 mil, so it will eventually pay for itself.

I have the Scotch laminator. I've used it so far to laminate a bunch of bookmarks and some other odds and ends. I think you get what you pay for; it's all right but nothing great. Note that it's only rated for up to 5 mil pouches, though it features a "5+ mil" setting; using 10 mil pouches can work but it's a headache. I believe that the local Staples charges $1/page for 3 mill lamination, $1.50 for 5 mil, and $2 for 10 mil, so it will eventually pay for itself.

That's $1.50 per page, right? I have about 15 pages and then math vocabulary cards I want to make too.

That's $1.50 per page, right? I have about 15 pages and then math vocabulary cards I want to make too.

Sounds like it would be worth it for you to buy one. My Target carries the Scotch one (which is the one I have) and it comes with pouches. It doesn't show the price online though.

Sounds like it would be worth it for you to buy one. My Target carries the Scotch one (which is the one I have) and it comes with pouches. It doesn't show the price online though.

Thank you! I appreciate everyone's help. I am not feeling well so driving all over town isn't an option and nothing was coming up when I searched online.

Thanks Again!

Yes, $1.50 per page for 5 mil sheets at Staples. The Scotch works fine for 5 mil, I've found.

Do you have a paper cutter/trimmer? It sounds like you'll find one handy for the cards and future use, though you could just use high-quality scissors. I use the CARL RBT-12N.

Yes, $1.50 per page for 5 mil sheets at Staples. The Scotch works fine for 5 mil, I've found.

Do you have a paper cutter/trimmer? It sounds like you'll find one handy for the cards and future use, though you could just use high-quality scissors. I use the CARL RBT-12N.

I hadn't even thought about that! I knew I had to cut them up but I don't even own a pair of adult scissors at the moment. I use the kids. Even if I went to have the laminating done, I would have to cut them up myself. I guess I will pick up something when I go out. Thanks for the reminder! And, no paper cuter either. I am really just starting to get the supplies that I need, one step at a time.