Menu

Decoupage anyone?

ooh!! I decoupaged a fabric world map onto my old kitchen table this summer.

It didn't turn out as well as I imagined. I ran out of decoupage and didn't want to buy anymore for further layers so I found some polyurethane in the basement and tried to just seal it with that. It discolored in places. I have no idea why. But it's water-proof and smooth enough to write on. The 3yo has colored in Greenland and parts of the Pacific Ocean so it's probably for the best that it wasn't perfect to begin with. It makes a lovely school room table. It's quite handy having a world map right in front of your face...unless it's covered up with binders and notebooks and old math papers waiting to be graded. :glare:

I decoupaged an old wooden desk to use as a diaper changing table. First, I painted the table with pink & white stripes. Then I decoupaged with baby wrapping paper cutouts -- a design of rabbits wheeling baby carriages. The wrapping paper was a good choice because it was sturdy, coated (but not glossy) paper.

It was lovely. Also not my original design. I copied it from a $$$ chest of drawers I saw in a shop window.

Also -- I don't know if this counts as decoupage, but we cover marble notebooks (except the tape part on the binding edge) with scrapbooking paper & Mod Podge. We did one with old style world maps for social studies. I print a bookplate for the front, but have to be very careful decopaging that, as the printer ink tends to smear a bit. Or I may have used double stick tape this year.

Edited by Alessandra

I decoupaged an old wooden desk to use as a diaper changing table. First, I painted the table with pink & white stripes. Then I decoupaged with baby wrapping paper cutouts -- a design of rabbits wheeling baby carriages. The wrapping paper was a good choice because it was sturdy, coated (but not glossy) paper.

It was lovely. Also not my original design. I copied it from a $$$ chest of drawers I saw in a shop window.

Also -- I don't know if this counts as decoupage, but we cover marble notebooks (except the tape part on the binding edge) with scrapbooking paper & Mod Podge. We did one with old style world maps for social studies. I print a bookplate for the front, but have to be very careful decopaging that, as the printer ink tends to smear a bit. Or I may have used double stick tape this year.

This summer we covered those marble notebooks with felt and then used Ed Emberley's picture pie 2 book to cut out animals from extra felt and glue them on. They turned out really cute. The kids made them for a kid craft show that didn't get much traffic :glare: so now they are all ours. :D

Tangent...back to decoupage