Menu

Elementary science on CD?

cin

Science is suffering in our house, big time. We do school 4 days a week, and we have an activity or a therapy each of those days. The work they do on their own is great; math, logic, reading, Bible and grammar. But science and history have been suffering. We are going to start WTM history in a couple of weeks, but I cannot find an elementary science program on CD. My girls both have sensory issues, so right now, book knowledge is all I'm after. We were doing Apologia Flying Creatures, or at least trying to. Any great ideas?

TIA!

This isn't on CD, it's online, but thought it would be worth you checking it out. It's Aha!Science. Your dc log in and go through the modules at their own pace. You can pick and choose which modules to assign and in what order. The modules have some combination of an instruction portion (lecture), a lesson, quiz, game, activity or experiment and a journal entry area to record information from the activity or experiment. As the teacher you can go into your student's schedule and assign all of the above elements or you can omit the experiments or the games...you customize it to suit your needs. There are 33 modules. Each module takes between 45min. to 2 hours to complete depending on which assignments you assign.

My dd12 is using the middle school program as a spine right now. She doesn't do the experiments but she does keep a journal of charts, drawings, summaries, etc. She reads additional books and watches documentaries. Dd8 watches the modules and does the games and quizzes only. It isn't her main science but she enjoys it. I feel that even just watching the modules and completing the games and quizzes would at least give a dc a pretty good overview on a wide range of science topics.

Thank for the suggestions! I'm digging out my Rainbow Resource catalog and researching these. I also realized that DVDs would probably work as well because when we get home, we usually eat lunch and watch about 30 min of TV .

More suggestions are welcome!