Menu

FAST answer this for my ds17 Cowboys and aliens movie?

Did you watch it and did you let your kid(s) watch it and what ages were they?

We are chomping at the bit to watch as a family.

Popcorn. Check.

Twizlers. Check.

Chocolate chip cookies. Check.

Now my ds17 says he isn't sure we should with the littler ones still up and they are up in arms all indignant about his opinion.

We have a momentary truce until the wisdom of the hive/www is checked.

How little are the "littler ones?" My 11 yo enjoyed it, but I probably wouldn't have let her see it at 9 or 10.

I like this review site for suggestions:

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/cowboys-aliens

and

IMDB's parent guide that lists out exactly what happens in each category (does have spoilers)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409847/parentalguide

Edited by KarenNC

Olivia Wilde completely nekkid... Honestly, they do not show any vital parts but you know she's completely bare. For me, having seen an interview and knowing that she was indeed totally in the buff when that scene was shot made me squirm a bit when it came on.

Overall, some of the scenes were pretty frightening, intense chase scenes. My youngest is 7 and would not be allowed to see this.

We watched it as a family last week and the stupidity of the movie was far more irritating that the fake gore of the film for us. I think both kids fell asleep during it and DH and I wished we could have the 2 hours or so back.

Now if Daniel had shown a bit of nudity, maybe my review would be better. :glare:

It's just... dumb.

We watched it as a family last week and the stupidity of the movie was far more irritating that the fake gore of the film for us. I think both kids fell asleep during it and DH and I wished we could have the 2 hours or so back.

Now if Daniel had shown a bit of nudity, maybe my review would be better. :glare:

It's just... dumb.

Dh and I also felt it was a waste of 2 hours.

Oh goodness, I would never watch that with little kids.

(I covered my eyes during certain parts. Of course, I only watched it b/c my husband wanted to watch it. :tongue_smilie:)

:iagree:

We watched it with our 16 year old and honestly... my son and hubby both found the movie stupid (VIOLENT) and the plot with a lot of holes. Ds was like Tom Servo on MST3K. :lol::lol:

However, all silliness aside -- I would not allow a child to watch it.