Menu

Group presents -- put each person's name on the card or the group name?

If you initiated a collection for a gift from a group, do you sign the names of only those who contributed OR do you sign "Group Name?"

Does it matter what percentage of the group contributed?

ETA: by percentage I meant what if it is XZY Group with 50 people and only 20% of the group contributed? So, in my example, only 10 people contributed.

Edited by unsinkable

Our church does this for baby/bridal showers. As the person donates the money, I have the donor sign the card. It doesn't matter how much they contribute. This way there is a more personal connection with each person who gave.

I would only sign for the group if the group has a pool of money and the gift was taken out of that pool. (Like a Women's Club or Garden Club.)

We have found that it is a VERY convenient way for ladies to donate who do not have much money OR didn't have time to shop!

I would include all the names, perhaps on a small print out inserted in a card so they all fit. ;). I would NOT list a % contributed by each person's name. while one person may easily spend $40 on a gift and not notice a thing to their weekly finances, another might be stretching their monthly budget to spend $10.

It depends on the situation and the group.

In some situations, I use the group name even if not everyone donated.

In some situations, I would use names even if it was a high % of the group giving.

I would guess in most situations if you only 10% or 20% or so of the group giving, I might think about signing names instead. I think it it's closer to 50% or more, I might sign the group.

I would include all the names, perhaps on a small print out inserted in a card so they all fit. ;). I would NOT list a % contributed by each person's name. while one person may easily spend $40 on a gift and not notice a thing to their weekly finances, another might be stretching their monthly budget to spend $10.

I'm a dork...by percentage I meant what if it is XZY Group with 50 people and only 20% of the group contributed? So, in my example, only 10 people contributed.