Menu

Another dessert poll...this one is about chocolate (read my post before voting!)

Which of these chocolate desserts would be your choice?  

1. 1. Which of these chocolate desserts would be your choice?

• Triple Chocolate Overload layer cake
    • Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
    • Gooey Hot Fudge Sundae a la Mode
    • Flourless Chocolate Cake
    • Double-Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
    • Chocolate Silk Pie
    • Chocolate Fondue
    • OTHER--Please tell me what. :-)

This would be completely simple to pull off, right up until the part about the perfect strawberry. It's just so problematic in the restaurant setting. Hard to find consistently good ones, and then hard to keep the right amount in stock without waste. {sigh}

See, that is the Alice Waters dilemma. Do you buy strawberries every day, and sort them ruthlessly, and throw out the bad ones, and then throw out the leftovers at the end of each and every night? Or not?

However, you can omit the strawberry if you don't have any. Or you can substitute some little fruit thing that IS perfect right then. A perfect little fanned apricot half would work. As would perfect, depithed slices of seeded oranges. Or perfect little mandarin sections--maybe three little tiny ones. Or in a pinch, halved brandied cherries. Or 2 perfect raspberries.

Edited by Carol in Cal.

I just wanted to say, that this poll really wasn't fair! The only one I didn't care to vote for was the brownie. I really wanted to vote for the flourless chocolate cake as we are newly gluten free, but I had, had, had to go w/ the molten lava cake. And now I hate you, because I'm craving chocolate cake, and am gluten free, and I haven't learned to make that yet. :rant: I think I'll go find some choco chips or something....:tongue_smilie:

I vote other. None of these desserts are special or unique to me. Either I can make them or I can get them anywhere. When I go out, I want something different, something I can't get right away, make or in the store.

One restaurant I like has a neat dessert option. It is several pieces or really deluxe candy- a truffle, the liquid chocolate, a cream chocolate and something else. It is flavors that are unique and sometimes exotic. A nice fruit sorbet is nice like blood orange. Maybe add sea salt caramel ice cream to the flour-less cake. For those that like a nice ending of fruit- mix citrus fruit mixed with mint is nice.