Menu

s/o Carseat Booster Thread--DDs seat broke today

My 4 year old DD loves her sunshine radian--but the chest clip broke today. Actually only one prong but its still broken. We've had the seat for three years but I've never had a carseat break before.

DD turns 5 next week but she is small for her age (within the legal limit for height but not yet 40 lbs--not even close) What should I get? I don't want to spend a lot because we probably will transition to a booster in the next two years. Should we go with the nautilus? Any other convertible seats that transition to a high backed booster? Her old seat was pink; she's going to fight a grey or black seat.

Right now, I've moved her spare Radian from dad's car to mine since I drive her everyday and we ride in his car maybe once a month so she is safe. But I do need a safe seat for both cars.

Edited by ChristineW

We loved our Nautilus seats. Our dc were all in them from 2 to 6 (youngest was more like 4-ish, it needed to be replaced and she is bigger). One used it with the belt for a bit at the end, but mostly, they had the 5 point until we had to replace them, at which point, the older ones went to high-back Turbo Boosters until they were 10.

I would call the maker and ask for a replacement piece. It might cost a few bucks plus shipping and handling but if it is just the little plastic chest clip that broke that should be easy to replace and much cheaper than a new seat.

:iagree: I love our Nautilus, but I would try to replace the clip first, because that seat has a much higher weight limit for the 5pt harness than other seats.

My 4 year old DD loves her sunshine radian--but the chest clip broke today. Actually only one prong but its still broken. We've had the seat for three years but I've never had a carseat break before.

DD turns 5 next week but she is small for her age (within the legal limit for height but not yet 40 lbs--not even close) What should I get? I don't want to spend a lot because we probably will transition to a booster in the next two years. Should we go with the nautilus? Any other convertible seats that transition to a high backed booster? Her old seat was pink; she's going to fight a grey or black seat.

Right now, I've moved her spare Radian from dad's car to mine since I drive her everyday and we ride in his car maybe once a month so she is safe. But I do need a safe seat for both cars.

Our Radian chest clip did the same thing. I called them and they sent another out gratis. They are great seats, just replace the clip.

Bill