Menu

What's the weather like by you? Do you have much snow?

I took this picture 2 days ago. This is northern WI. I drove by this same spot this morning, and it hasn't changed. Just the last few days the temp has really dropped. Yesterday it was 12 below when I was out. But....this no snow is super unusual. I haven't really heard/read much about the possible impact of this unusual weather (like for farmers and such). Does this mean that winter is coming in like a lamb and will go out like a lion? Please tell me no. :scared:

YES!!! Weird is right! It has been in the 50s some days here. That is just unheard of. We haven't had to shovel at ALL yet. Weird.

Today, the weather changed. It's maybe 10 degrees (don't know wind chill) and we're expecting a whole 3" of snow! LOL That's NOTHING!

I LOVE the snow. Really love it. (Well, I love it until the middle of Feb or so. Then, I go to Florida!) So, this winter has been a bust for me. (And we leave for FL in 11 days!)

We just had our first real snow of the season here in eastern WA. It has been cold but no snow until this week.

I'm worried,too, about the effects of this weather - what is summer going to be like? We really count on the snow for a lot of our moisture. We need to be able to grow hay for our horses and cattle!

Winter has been slow to arrive in Oregon too but came with attitude this week. We had snow Sunday and Monday (a once or twice a year treat that melts away quickly) followed by multiple huge rainstorms dropping ~4 inches in 24 hours. So now we have flooding. And more big rainstorms over the next several days. Many school districts around here closed today due to flooding. They were bemoaning the fact that our snow pack was like 30% of normal last week--wonder what it is now? I think we may have caught up or will have by the time this is all over.

It's about 29 degrees right now with freezing rain/sleet/ice.

This winter has been weird here. Over all we've had above average temperatures but wildly fluctuating--warm/cold/quickly back to warm with no significant snow yet. The trees and bushes are having issues with dormancy actually.

Western Washington just got hit with a huge storm. We got 13 inches of snow at my house followed by 1/8 inch of ice. We were without power for about 36 hours but bailed this morning because the house was 51 degrees and we had no more wood. We had to hike out carrying everything we needed to take with us because we can't get our cars out of the driveway even with chains. A friend met us at the store and brought us back to her house in two trips.

Most of the county is without power and they are telling people to expect another 1-2 days without it. The energy company's website it directing people to emergency shelters.

My littlest was swimming in the neighbors' outdoor pool this evening. Yesterday, all 4 dc walked down to the ice cream shop in shorts. THIS is why we put up with 85 days of 100+ degree temperatures last spring/summer/fall

HEY NOW!!! Isn't there a rule against this type of post??? Boasting? Bragging? Something like that??????? Please???? We're dying up here in the north!

:lol:

HEY NOW!!! Isn't there a rule against this type of post??? Boasting? Bragging? Something like that??????? Please???? We're dying up here in the north!

:lol:

Not bragging unless you're willing to deal with the 75 days in a row at 101, 107, 109 and practically no rain from March to December when the rest of the country is enjoying 75 degrees and rain. We've got to get some compensation. :tongue_smilie:

we actually had snow this week. - we don't get much. I had maybe 3" at my house, but some areas had over a foot. then we had freezing rain leaving 1/4" of ice on everything. we have steep hills too. not a good combo. but the temps never got very low - it was always just below freezing or pushing it. (which actually make the snow more slick.)

Now, we've got high winds. joy. just as long as no more of our neighbor's trees come down on the lines.

oh, last week, just as they were forecasting a problem weekend, we lost power - as I called to report the outage (three minutes later, and was #26 to call - so not a small area.), the guy was "oh, what a way to start the weekend."

We've only had two teeny little snows that amounted to about 3 inches combined. But the rain! My goodness, the rain! I keep hoping the temp will drop and give us a big snow! After two really cold and snowy winters, this one has a been a real disappointment.

Did I mention I love snow?!?!?!?

Another beautiful sunny day here with highs near 60- again.

But we've also had 30 inches of snow already this year...

So I'm happy- something for everyone (although the ski resorts are not happy) and if I'm desperate for snow, we can go up to high country 10K feet or higher and go snow shoeing.

Western Washington just got hit with a huge storm. We got 13 inches of snow at my house followed by 1/8 inch of ice. We were without power for about 36 hours but bailed this morning because the house was 51 degrees and we had no more wood. We had to hike out carrying everything we needed to take with us because we can't get our cars out of the driveway even with chains. A friend met us at the store and brought us back to her house in two trips.

Most of the county is without power and they are telling people to expect another 1-2 days without it. The energy company's website it directing people to emergency shelters.

Oh my gosh! I hope your power gets back soon and you can be back home. What a nice friend to take you all in. It makes me wonder if something like that happened here....where we would go?? :001_huh:

My littlest was swimming in the neighbors' outdoor pool this evening. Yesterday, all 4 dc walked down to the ice cream shop in shorts. THIS is why we put up with 85 days of 100+ degree temperatures last spring/summer/fall

Not bragging unless you're willing to deal with the 75 days in a row at 101, 107, 109 and practically no rain from March to December when the rest of the country is enjoying 75 degrees and rain. We've got to get some compensation. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, wow. I guess you are entitled to enjoy that nice weather right now. I would not want over 100 in the summer and hardly any rain.

It doesn't snow where I live. I've never seen snow in my life. I just had my air conditioner on a few minutes ago. Today was warm (I think the high today was in the 80's) and the sky was crystal clear blue and sunny. A gorgeous winter day. :)

I'm not too crazy about snow. I love it for about a week. It's really pretty on the trees and it's fun to make a snowman....we don't have anywhere to sled....so after a week...I've had enough.

In my dd's latest Little Passports package, she got a package of "Super Snow". You make it with water; it makes over 2 quarts of snow. It says it "glistens and sparkles like real snow" and "lasts for 4 to 6 weeks". :lol: I thought it was a great souvenir to receive (like we want more snow). :001_rolleyes: We're going to save it until the summer. Maybe some time you can get some and your & your kids could have fun with some snow. :001_smile:

:iagree:

We did not need to mow our grass all summer because of the drought. But ever since we started getting some rain last month, we have had to mow every 2 weeks. we need to mow this weekend. The warm temps have our backyard really confused. Even my little fruit trees are trying to bloom and put on fruit.

My parents live in the high country in Colorado.

No snow on the ground yet in their area. Usually there's a couple of feet by now.

My brother sent me a photo of a place we couldn't even drive into in the winter as kids. It was a snowmobiling area. This year, they're going in on 4-wheelers.

Weird.

I'm not too crazy about snow. I love it for about a week. It's really pretty on the trees and it's fun to make a snowman....we don't have anywhere to sled....so after a week...I've had enough.

In my dd's latest Little Passports package, she got a package of "Super Snow". You make it with water; it makes over 2 quarts of snow. It says it "glistens and sparkles like real snow" and "lasts for 4 to 6 weeks". :lol: I thought it was a great souvenir to receive (like we want more snow). :001_rolleyes: We're going to save it until the summer. Maybe some time you can get some and your & your kids could have fun with some snow. :001_smile:

I would like to see snow at least once in my life just for the experience of it, kwim? They do do that fake snow here sometimes for the kids. They'll make a big mountain of it and blow a big fan so it blows around. :lol: That's winter in South Florida for you! :p