Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baseball mom

Cream Cheese

yes and no. You can freeze it, but then you are limited to using it for things like sauces as such where it will be melted anyways. Frozen long term it can sometimes get grainy a little.

You cannot use it for things like cheesecake, etc after freezing it - it won't work.

My husband made cream cheese for a several companies over many years. He says, "it's not ideal." Basically, don't do it unless you have to. He's a germaphobe also. He's super-cautious with his dairy products because of what he knows and has seen.

I do freeze cream cheese but as pp said it is only good for sauces and such after it has been frozen. I find it no longer spreads after it has been frozen it just sort of crumbles.

Can cream cheese be frozen?

I thought I was out and found it on sale so I bought some. Turns out I had several packs (dc put it in a different spot).

I freeze it all the time and it's fine. I've used cream cheese that was frozen and thawed for cheesecake, and I didn't notice any difference in texture.

well I store my neufchatel cheese that I mainly use for cheesecakes in the freezer and made cheesecakes with them at the holidays and it worked fine-no problems.....but they hadn't been in the freezer over a month I'd say.....you can freeze butter and cream cheese or neufchatel cheese....but when I use it and it's been in the freezer or just in the fridge I let it come to room temp when I make cheesecakes with it.....

I freeze it all the time and it's fine. I've used cream cheese that was frozen and thawed for cheesecake, and I didn't notice any difference in texture.

:iagree:

I freeze it all the time, and use it for all cooking/baking purposes no problems. The only thing it isn't great for is spreading on bagels, etc b/c of the grainy texture it gets. (You could get past that by beating it in a mixer.)