Menu

Independent writing supplement

Mrs Twain

I have a daughter who reads and writes well. Currently I have her doing WWE1 and IEW (SWI-A) which are going fine. I added in WWW2 because I needed something else during school time since she gets bored if I don't have enough for her to do.

WWW is great for her, but she will finish level 2 soon, and I would rather not start her on the level 3 this year. Is there anything else like WWW workbooks--independent, workbooky types of things--that I could hand to her for writing practice?

I have been trying to research this, but it is so hard to tell what things are like from the websites.

Writing Tales? Meaningful Composition? Evan-Moor workbooks? Other?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by Mrs Twain

WWW is great for her, but she will finish level 2 soon, and I would rather not start her on the level 3 this year. Is there anything else like WWW workbooks--independent, workbooky types of things--that I could hand to her for writing practice?

Dd7 wants to write paragraphs like big sis so I have her write a 'paragraph' about whatever (but I don't worry about structure). Yesterday she wrote about our dog. Today she wrote about The Moffats (from WWE3). She is doing WWW3 very slowly. You could buy WWW3 now and see how she likes it.

Or.....

Just have your dd write paragraphs, re-tell fables/myths/legends, creative stories, mini book reports, narrations, etc. Don't worry about spelling. I don't. I'm just thrilled dd7 is writing. :)