Menu

Character education that isn't religious?

frugalmama

This is free, with printables and book suggestions. There is a Bible verse copywork section but it is very easy to just skip that.

http://www.thatresourcesite.com/lessons/Our_virtue_lessons.htm

That. I posted about this a couple of days ago and wrote up lessons based on that site. It's easy enough to delete all the religious references.

That's cute :) There is a Bucket Fillers book for older children now, too, but my 2nd grader was not as interested in that one. I will wait til maybe 4th grade to check it out of the library again for him.

We used one of these as a brief picture book readaloud early in the year. Even my 3yo got the concept and walked around telling her brothers they were emptying her bucket for months. :D

I agree' date=' Value Tales are GREAT!!!! We also have a Scholastic series called Help Me Be Good, and a series of Arthur books I think they are called Arthur's Family Values.

Another that I really like is the old Sweet Pickles books, we have almost all of the books and also the Sweet Pickles Bus that was supposed to be like a preschool curriculum, but there are many things that are based on character that we use with my kids who are older and they are simple enough our little guy can play too.[/quote']

Yes those Value Tales look awesome...

and I can't believe someone else remembers the Sweet Pickle books!!!!!!

You should have seen how crazy I went when I found the bus (actually there are 2 of them to hold the complete set) at a yard sale complete!! I had them when I was little and LOVED them' date=' I could not let them sit there... my hubby thought I was crazy for sure..lol. Sweet Pickles was what my whole life revolved around as a little kid![/quote']

I've been slowly collecting them as I need them... so far I have up to D and a couple random books I found at the thrift store. My kindergarten teacher read us Sweet Pickles every week.

Here is a series that is intended to be universal (though written by Christian authors).

Teaching Your Children Values

Teaching Your Children Responsibility

Teaching Your Children Joy

I've ordered two of those titles, and requested the authors' book on building a strong family from the library. Thank you so much for those references!