Menu

Need help with words and sentences

Slipper

I know this sounds silly, but I've spent my morning trying to organie lesson plans for next week and my brain is tangled. My daughter has handwriting struggles and the OT asked that we work on the letters j, k, p, and y. (My daughter has trouble extending letters past certain lines). She suggested writing ten words and two sentences for each letter.

I'm trying to put together letters for words to minimize how often she has to write (she gets hand cramps). So far, I've come up with jack, pack and pick.

Any suggestions for words or sentences? My brain seems to just recycle those same words over and over.

I know this sounds silly, but I've spent my morning trying to organie lesson plans for next week and my brain is tangled. My daughter has handwriting struggles and the OT asked that we work on the letters j, k, p, and y. (My daughter has trouble extending letters past certain lines). She suggested writing ten words and two sentences for each letter.

I'm trying to put together letters for words to minimize how often she has to write (she gets hand cramps). So far, I've come up with jack, pack and pick.

Any suggestions for words or sentences? My brain seems to just recycle those same words over and over.

pay, jay, key, play, jape, joke, poke, pike, yikes, pray, prey, keep, peek, speak, spoke, spike, splay, ski, sky, joy

Not exactly what you are asking about but, have you looked at Alphabet Beats? My dd is using that in addition to her HWOT, and she loves it. It was written by an OT for one of her students, and then it went from there. It is a dvd that the child watches, and has workbooks to go with it. The workbooks are really cheap. Just a thought.

pay, jay, key, play, jape, joke, poke, pike, yikes, pray, prey, keep, peek, speak, spoke, spike, splay, ski, sky, joy

Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted. :)

Momsuz, I think I have that program, I would have to look. We're actually moving my daughter to cursive but at the same time are working on her print work. We use HWoT mainly along with homework left by the OT. Thanks :)

Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted. :)

Momsuz, I think I have that program, I would have to look. We're actually moving my daughter to cursive but at the same time are working on her print work. We use HWoT mainly along with homework left by the OT. Thanks :)

You are welcome. ... hike, hype, hope, happy ...