Menu

Steam must be coming out of my ears

Husband has been looking for a job since last March. He's been interviewing with one company for a couple of months. It would be a reasonable daily commute (as opposed to a weekly commute if he has to work in London) and an interesting position.

They've decided that he's the best person for the job.... but they are now not sure if they want the job filled as opposed to redesigning the post, aren't clear if they have the budget, maybe want another post filled... Aaaagh!

In consequence I have just been vile to the poor man himself (ostensibly on another issue) and, because I'm in a bad mood anyway, have now sat down to attempt to complete my tax return.

Laura

Same thing happened to my husband last year. They strung him along for months. Then they said they decided to eliminate the position and divide the work between some other upper level management employees. I now see God's plan in the whole mess. He is working now but I just could not understand what was happening at the time. The company was Kodak...look where they are headed now.

I am sorry for you and your husband and I hope that something great comes his way soon:grouphug:

If you feel this bad about it, you can imagine your dh feels even worse. I'd give him a hug, and remind him you're both in this together.

We've had days through all this when one of us has been more affected than the other. And the last time he was unemployed, and the time before that.... The strong one takes care of the weak on any particular day. I have a gin and tonic and he's making dinner.

Laura