Menu

hot wheels toy...what would you do??

My son received Hot Wheels Sky Jump for Christmas this year. He loves it. Just the other day, we noticed that one of the track pieces was breaking and would no longer hold tight to the connector piece.

So I did a live chat with the people at Hot Wheels. They were very nice, but the piece in question is not in stock to be replaced, so they were going to have me send the battery pack back to them and in return they would send me a $45 voucher to be used in a retail store within 90 days.

Sounds great...except, we have very few stores that carry Hot Wheel toys and only at Christmas time will they carry big toys like this. (there is an off chance they might have it...but probably not). The piece that is broken is a specialty piece and can't be replaced with just any piece...so I am not sure what to do. I can't use the voucher online either. I can use it for other Mattel and Fisher Price items, but I really don't need to buy something different and then get my son's toy from Amazon for example.

The toy isn't a $45 toy on amazon either, so I am getting the better deal, money wise...UGH....what would you do? Maybe this is a no brainer to some of you, I am not sure.

Oh, this whole process....getting the return label, sending the part, having them receive it, and getting the voucher out to me could take up to 6 weeks....so my son would be with out his toy for that long...which is a bummer too.

Edited by NEprairemom

I would explain to them that there is no where locally near you that stocks these toys outside of the holidays, and could they provide a voucher with either a longer expiration or an online code.

Otherwise - if they still have the entire new toy in stock, I'd press for them sending out a new one as a replacement if you send in the complete old one.

How bad is the crack? I've fixed things like that with super glue before if it's not too bad.