Menu

What time does your 6 year old go to bed and wake up?

We technically aim for 8-8:30 bedtime but it's usually closer to 9 before they actually get in bed it seems.

The 7 year will read as late as we let him but I usually try to make him turn his light out by 11 at the latest with a hard not past midnight in place as well. He gets up on his own between 8-10 am.

The 6 year old will read and most nights she's ready to sleep by 10 but on occasion she will still be reading at 12 if we don't make her sleep earlier! She gets up between 8-10 but I never know for sure because she usually reads a bit before she actually gets up.

When school is on I try to get them up by 9 so they start schoolwork by 10 at the absolute latest.

Our oldest is 6. The kids all have an 9pm bedtime. If they don't wake up during the night, they will usually wake up by 5:30/6am every day. If they wake up during the night for various reasons (night terrors, potty, etc), they'll sometimes sleep until 6:30/7am. For the most part, they like to be up and snuggling with us by 5:30am.