Menu

What time do your children start school (not what time you wake up to exercise)?

Most mornings when do you *aim* to start school  

1. 1. Most mornings when do you *aim* to start school

• 3am-6am
    • 6am-7am
    • 7am-8am
    • 7am-8am
    • 8am-9am
    • 9am-10am
    • 10am-noon
    • noon-5pm
    • sometime between 5pm-3am
    • obligatory other

I get my kids up at 6:30am and we go to the beach to do our exercise. It's Track and Field for dd and physical therapy for my son. I walk with him on the sand to help stretch out his shortened tendons while dd runs alongside us on the boardwalk. We usually start actual book work between 8:30-9am.

Edited by Ibbygirl

We are not morning people but we do start btwn 8 and 9 bc dh goes for a walk and takes the 2yo at 8:15. It behooves me to work with the 6 yo at that time as learning to read and write and 2 yo interruptions do not go well. I make sure the sixth grader starts, too, bc he gets grumpy if he feels school is going to long. (And he does not take into account what time he started,just when rest time ends.)

We are NOT morning people. It kills me to get up at 7:30 for my daycare kids. Mine don't get up until 8:30. They eat, shower, do their math flashcards and morning chore. We shoot for starting at 9:30. Some certain children are always late. I have no idea how they are late when they have an hour to get ready and don't have to leave the house.

We almost always have school in our pajamas. My kids actually take a shower, put on lotion, do their hair, put on clean underclothes and put back on pajamas. I don't usually get a shower until late afternoon (since I won't get up earlier than 7:20), I wear around the house sweat outfits but not actually pajamas.

I'm not a morning person at all but our days go best when we start around 8am, so I aim for 8 or 8:30 and occasionally it's 9. Any later than that, and it's hard for us to get anything other than math done.

My kids are usually dressed in clothes for school. I dress after I take a shower, which is in the morning if we are going somewhere and whenever my toddler naps if not. :)

I only have one morning person in the house, and we usually find her reading in the family room when we all wake up! :) We start between 9 and 10 depending on whats going on that day. Sometimes I really wish I or my husband were morning people, but seeing that he works from home, and so do I :D , it lets us make our own schedule. Awesome-ness is what I think about that!

Man! I envy some of you ladies so much. I hope you realize what a blessing it is that you have to wake up late. I'm NOT a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. I'd give anything to sleep in late every morning. Sigh! Enjoy that sleeping late girls. I'm living vicariously through you and counting on it! :p ;) :lol:

My kids, 9 and almost 12, generally start between 9 and 9:15. They start off doing PE (they practice Ninjutsu, a martial art), then by 9:45 they are usually upstairs working on math, followed by handwriting and spelling, and perhaps phonics for my younger one. They do independent work usually until at least 10:30, sometimes 11, before we do group subjects like history, science, literature and poetry. They usually change out of their jammies before our together time. I have them trade off taking showers most mornings. After our read aloud time, it is usually time for lunch (1 to 1:30), after which my oldest will usually work on grammar or other things he has not yet finished if it was his turn to take a shower. My little guy often finishes his independent work first, so then I will work with him alone on FLL or reading. Not everyday, but this will usually occur before our family together time.