Menu

Jeans 29x34 for young men - where to find them?

I can't seem to find jeans to fit my son. He really is more of a 28x34 but can wear a 29 if he needs to. It seems that I can find 29x32 or 30x34 but then they're either too short or way too loose.

I'm looking to shop online and, preferably, not spend more than $40-50/pair on them if I can since he's still growing quickly.

thanks for any assistance.

You can get the Levi's Bootcut (and a bunch of other styles) on Amazon for about $40. Search for "Jeans 29x34"

http://www.amazon.com/Levis-Mens-Boot-Slim-34x29/dp/B000JLLUEA/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1326905313&sr=1-2

They even have Wrangler 28x34 jeans. These actually go up to a 36L.

http://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Mens-Cowboy-Antique-28x34/dp/B0006U68RI/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1326905422&sr=1-12

When I first met DH, he wore 29x34 jeans. Held up with a belt, lol. He bought them at a western wear shop.

I have NOT ordered from this company YET but my son is in a similar fix and our next shopping spot will be All American Clothing. They have a jean style or two that start at 28" waist and you choose the inseam. Here's a link -- All American Jeans Classic

Like I said, I haven't ordered from them yet so cannot speak to quality, but we plan to order a pair or two for my son soon. He needs a 28 and waiting to measure his inseam until we order to decide 32 or 34.....

My son is a 31/36. The 36 length is a bugger to find. I have had the best luck with Levis at JCPenney. I have actually been able to find them in our local store, as well as, online.

Also, if he likes cargo pants for a bit of a change, I found some that ds LOVES at Old Navy online. (They were on sale last week and I bought him a second pair.) I needed to select "tall", but I finally was able to find pants long enough for him, but that would stay up on his waist (he still needs to wear a belt.)

Good luck!

They even have Wrangler 28x34 jeans. These actually go up to a 36L.

http://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Mens-Cowboy-Antique-28x34/dp/B0006U68RI/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1326905422&sr=1-12

When I first met DH, he wore 29x34 jeans. Held up with a belt, lol. He bought them at a western wear shop.

I ordered some Wranglers for my son. He HATED them. He said they were too stiff, like cardboard. I had to return them. Just throwing this out there in case it is helpful to anyone.

I agree with those that mentioned Gap online, or if you have a Gap outlet store near you they sometimes have them. I've been helping my brother try to find that size for over a decade. That bugger is 34 years old and I'm still trying to find stick man jeans for him. I always tell him he stinks when I get them, because he got the good weight genes in our family.

• 1 year later...
Guest size0l

Hi, I have the same problem finding pants for my son. Jeans are ok - we can find them in a 28W and long enough, but not chinos or dress pants. So, we started a project to have them made! One of our first sizes is 28"W x 34"L men's pants in a chinos style. If you need the same size, please check out our project page and let us know!

We are also planning to have women's pants in size 0 long...that the size I have trouble finding for myself.

Thanks,

Kirti

I ordered some Wranglers for my son. He HATED them. He said they were too stiff, like cardboard. I had to return them. Just throwing this out there in case it is helpful to anyone.

In a similar bind here, with DS who needs 29/34 -- we've tried many of the brands suggested and he refuses them saying they aren't roomy enough in the groin area, made of a "weird" fabric, too stiff... my "goldilocks" and I spend a LOT of time at the second hand stores trying on pants until he okays something. This DS has always had sensitivity issues and only is willing to wear very soft, tagless shirts, and lived in sweat pants for about 3 years...

In a similar bind here, with DS who needs 29/34 -- we've tried many of the brands suggested and he refuses them saying they aren't roomy enough in the groin area, made of a "weird" fabric, too stiff... my "goldilocks" and I spend a LOT of time at the second hand stores trying on pants until he okays something. This DS has always had sensitivity issues and only is willing to wear very soft, tagless shirts, and lived in sweat pants for about 3 years...

The Pointer Brand jeans are cut with room in the crotch. These are like the jeans from yesteryear.