Menu

Spanish for young children?

Dustybug

I was going to do Sube, but ended up deciding to do German instead. Sube does require you to have some understanding of Spanish, but you can still do it as long as you can pronouce Spanish. The lady who created it is very helpful and I actually talked with her on the phone a few times.

Sonrisas and Sing'n Speak Spanish were my 2nd and 3rd choices. A lot of people do Discovery Streaming, but I wanted to be involved and learn more Spanish with them (I know a little Spanish since I grew up in So Cal).

Here is the link to the Salsa Spanish videos:

http://www.gpb.org/salsa/term/episode

Here are free lesson plans to go along with the videos. They give you a guide for using the videos to teach Spanish from K-2.

http://edu.wyoming.gov/Programs/standards/foreign_lang_content_and_standards.aspx

BTW, my dds love them!

Kids love Salsa. It's free and I learn along with them. Google Salsa Spanish videos.

They might like La Clase Divertida or the Whistlefritz videos. Salsa Spanish is also good.

Thanks! I love FREE! :D:D

My older 2 are the same ages. I recently went a little Spanish crazy and here's what I did - Our curriculum will be a combination of ...

(a) Salsa videos (free downloads, burnt to disc, free lesson plans and scripts but I'm skipping those for now)

(b) WhistleFritz videos (free from the library)

© Scholastic's Let's Find Out Spanish magazine. The subscription follows the academic year, and the prorated charge was like $7.50.

(d) Learnables through HSBC. This was the biggest expense - $90 I think. It hasn't arrived yet so no idea how it will work out.

(e) The Fun Spanish, $25. This arrived yesterday and the girls keep asking to translate more sentences!

(f) I'm eyeballing Getting Started with Spanish. I've downloaded the audio and have the book on my purchase schedule tentatively for a few more months out.

(g) Finally, I'm still contemplating an Amazon Prime membership so we can stream Plazo Sesame or Aprende Con Sesame.

My older 2 are the same ages. I recently went a little Spanish crazy and here's what I did - Our curriculum will be a combination of ...

(a) Salsa videos (free downloads, burnt to disc, free lesson plans and scripts but I'm skipping those for now)

(b) WhistleFritz videos (free from the library)

© Scholastic's Let's Find Out Spanish magazine. The subscription follows the academic year, and the prorated charge was like $7.50.

(d) Learnables through HSBC. This was the biggest expense - $90 I think. It hasn't arrived yet so no idea how it will work out.

(e) The Fun Spanish, $25. This arrived yesterday and the girls keep asking to translate more sentences!

(f) I'm eyeballing Getting Started with Spanish. I've downloaded the audio and have the book on my purchase schedule tentatively for a few more months out.

(g) Finally, I'm still contemplating an Amazon Prime membership so we can stream Plazo Sesame or Aprende Con Sesame.

ETA: I also have this magnetic kit on my wishlist.