Menu

HOD Extension Packages

CathyCDK

I'm wondering how the extension packages are scheduled for older students. Do they merely read more? Is there more assignments? Is there an extra box to complete each day? I wish there were samples on the web site to see how they are handled.

Anyone want to chime in?

Thanks!

Cathy

I have the guide for Bigger. All that I can remember is that it gives you the list of books, and then it gives a schedule for how many pages to have them read each day. At the beginning of the extension section there are some general tips for oral narrations or written narrations. I don't have the guide with me at the moment, but that's what I remember. I don't remember there being a lot of details. I'll look and see if there's more to it than that.

Yep, we're using Bigger and my 5th grader is using the extensions. There is a reading schedule for the extension books. It is up to you to assign written or oral narration, etc. I have my ds do oral narration with one written history narration/week. We are doing BJU science because I didn't care for the science extension with Bigger. He does a written narration from that or an outline weekly. The extensions in Preparing are set up the same way as far as I can tell from my glancing at it. The literature choices have been good for my not crazy about reading boy.