Menu

Laser hair removal

Has anyone done this, specifically on your legs? I finally got up the nerve to walk into a medispa-type place yesterday to ask about $$$ (and for the record, it really, really bugs me that none of the providers are up-front about pricing on their their websites or over the phone).

If you have had it done, would you mind sharing about long-term effectiveness, how often your provider said to go (this one was adamant that it be every 8 weeks for legs, every 6 for bikini line, because of the hair growth cycle--is everyone's hair growth cycle really the same?), how many treatments it took and, of course, how much it cost.

Thanks,

Terri

I realized my initial question about cost was ridiculously nosy, and I didn't mean it to be. I guess what I am finding surprising is that the way I thought the pricing worked isn't actually the way it worked at this place. I thought it would be done by area: lower legs, $X, upper legs $X, etc., and one session would be one visit, to have the entire area zapped. This place, though, counts a session by minutes, and it sounded like one visit could actually take up 2 or 3 sessions, depending on how long it took. But really--I have no idea how many minutes MY legs would need. So if you've had it done, or even looked into it seriously, I would appreciate any input on how "your" provider priced sessions.

Terri

My sister has done a lot of laser removal. While I don't know the prices she paid, my guess based on conversations in the past would lead me to say somewhere in the $1-$2K range.

This particular place sells packages priced by area being treated. For instance a package for the chin is 6 sessions. You can also get packages for upper lip. However, if you choose to do both you get a discount on each package. Legs would be another package, bikini area another (and a price break if you do both), etc. I know the face ones are for 6 session, don't know how many sessions are for legs. Some people would be done in 6 sessions, some may need a few more (charged at the equivalent rate of a package but on an individual basis). Individual session are not available unless you have already purchased a package for that body area from them.

But that is just how the place she goes to works. I'm sure every place has their own policies.

Legs would be another package, bikini area another (and a price break if you do both), etc. I know the face ones are for 6 session, don't know how many sessions are for legs.

This is what I would have expected, rather than a package's being X minutes, as I was told yesterday, so it is good to know that there are places out that there that price in a more rational manner. Thanks for the info.

Terri

I had it many years ago when money was a little more available. I don't remember how much it was, but I could do a package (ended up cheaper) or individual sessions. I did sessions. And they worked until they finished the area. I wasn't able to finish the required sessions because I got pregnant but it definitely helped. Even with my lighter hair there is a noticible lessening of hair.