Menu

s/o Circ - and courtship When to discuss?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My son seriously thinks we are all off our rockers :lol: "so this is what you all do on this board? These are the kinds of conversations you have?!":001_huh:

I discovered this thread last night and showed my husband the OP, the tags, and the fact that 20-some pages had appeared in the first two hours. I kept saying, "...This is a bunch of nice Christian homeschooling ladies!" And giggling hysterically.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My favorite f*reskin story is hubby's. When we found out we were getting a boy, he wanted him circumsized just like him. Well, Mr Innocent, just because you walk around all day with your windowshades UP doesn't mean you are circ'd. He DIDn't KNOW he wasn't!

Wow. And I was impressed that once when I was teaching sex ed, a teenaged boy in the class found out that he was circed. We put up a slide with a side-by-side comparison (see, if this girl were a UU, she could definitely have a preference without having any in-person experience) and he raised his hand and said, "Don't you have that backward?" Um... no. I always wondered what the conversation with his mother was like when she picked him up after class.

Because it wasn't a genuine question. She was not sincerely asking for advice on dealing with a religious issue. She stated in the post I quoted above that she was giving the board an "object lesson." Whatever that means. IMO, it's akin to trolling - asking insincere questions in an attempt to provoke a big response out of the community. Quite successful too!

I think the REAL question is -- are virgins allowed to have opinions about sex and what they'd like? Or are they supposed to just "go along" with whatever the guy has and wants? Or pretend to not even know the difference between uncirced and circed?

I really don't think there's anything wrong with having a preference -- in some cultures, there's really only one option; it's just in our culture, there are both situations.

I just never really thought young women think that much about male organs. Apparently some of the sons of members here are offended that young women have a preference. I find that fascinating. We'd all like to think that it doesn't matter, but, yeah, some people prefer blondes, some people prefer foreskin, some people don't, short, fat, I don't know.

That being said, I think a nice conversation about one's private parts is an excellent idea. At least, a good medical exam with STD and HIV testing. All this should be done as part of the courting process, with Mom and Dad involved. Yep. Not everyone's circumcision comes out the same, anyway, so it's a bit weird to blame the young man, even if he is circed. Maybe it came out uneven. Personally I think HIV is more pressing than whether it was done freestyle or with a clamp or a plastibell or not at all.

Or maybe just pick guys from ethnic groups that tend to circumcise, or not, depending on your preference.

I love the tag rumpleforeskin. That's hilarious.

:iagree:

I was thinking deleted...

nooooooooooo! Please mods, lock it if you must, but please leave it for posterity! :D

Usually a thread like this will go off topic (ahem.. kilts *cough*) but this topic is so insanely ridiculous that we've managed to stay on topic. Oh the hilarity of the tags... the puns, the wit, the laughter and the shame! This thread has it all!

:lol::lol::lol:

Fair enough, but I don't think it's a preference the parent of the daughter is allowed to have.

Ha!

What happens if the girl's mother strongly believes her daughter should have a (whatever) husband, the dad thinks the opposite, and the girl has her own idea (a third option??) ? Then what about brothers and neighbors? Who gets the deciding vote? ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Why would it possibly matter? (I'm assuming we're not talking about any kind of religious reasons here.)

I'm sorry -- I know you specifically said you weren't here to debate why, but this just boggles my mind.

I can't think of a single graceful way to mention something like that, especially when it's a "non-negotiable" issue. It's not like the poor guy is going to do anything about it if he's not trimmed to her specifications, and I can't comprehend why anyone would consider not marrying a man she loved because of the status of his foreskin.

Personally, if it's that big a deal to her, she's not ready to marry anyone. (Wouldn't she think it was shallow if the guy said he wouldn't marry her because although he loved her, her b**bs were the wrong size?)

:iagree:

"By the way, I don't feel that there's room in our potential marriage for the three of us, so either you or your foreskin has to go."

:lol::lol:

Hijacking, but I know a very conservative Christian family who encourages their son to prolifically sow his oats before he even considers marriage. I thought the boy was teasing my dd, but the fact was verified with his father who told me that he wants his son to be faithful to his wife and not think about other women constantly.

:001_huh:

My favorite f*reskin story is hubby's. When we found out we were getting a boy, he wanted him circumsized just like him. Well, Mr Innocent, just because you walk around all day with your windowshades UP doesn't mean you are circ'd. He DIDn't KNOW he wasn't!

I was going to suggest, to those of you who have never seen an intact penis to do the following experiment:

Take two hotdogs.

Put a tiny turtleneck sweater on one.

Put a tiny crewneck on the other.

There you have it.

I've spent the last two days utterly sick, but this thread has made me feel so much better. lol

The only preferences I really have about my dd's potential husbands are that they are responsible, hard working, moral, Christian men. My old dd has a lot more conditions and we will see how that goes. She has specifications on professions, for example, and also has specified ethnicities. But as for body parts, no, she hasn't made any mention of that. I don't think it is on her radar at all and I am happy about that. I know that since dh is already thinking her list is too exclusive, there is no way he would consent to questioning any potential guy about that. Nor would ds go along with that either. Yes, he is circumsized but a dad asking would make him run.

Ha!

What happens if the girl's mother strongly believes her daughter should have a (whatever) husband, the dad thinks the opposite, and the girl has her own idea (a third option??) ? Then what about brothers and neighbors? Who gets the deciding vote? ;)

I thought there were only two options-turtleneck or crew neck. What is the the third option, v-neck? Imperial Storm Trooper? Yoda?

You know, at first I was hurt that someone might pass over my boys because they are left whole. Then I decided that they probably wouldn't want to date someone so shallow. It's not about looks right?? It would definitely be the girl's loss as my boys are awesome and will be fantastic husbands one day. They have a perfect example in their father!

I could see this being important if she was abused in the past. She might think that him having the opposite of her abuser would be easier.

But, I would encourage my son to run the other way if asked this question. I would encourage my daughter to run the other way if asked to modify her appearance.

A matchmaker might be able to be the go between for this kind of information.

If the reason is religious, and this young man is also of the same faith, the proposed couple's Mom's ought to have a private conversation.

If the reason is personal preference, leave it up to your daughter to figure out how she'll get the information.

If the young man doesn't share her religion, she's out not get involved at all no matter the state it's in. There will probably be more things she'll discover that disagree with her convictions. She shouldn't waste her time mooning over this young man any longer.

IMO sounds like she's already emotionally invested in this fellow. No matter the outcome she's already got feelings for him.

P.S. I assumed this young woman is Jewish. There are other religious or political views that would make this a hot topic too. Sorry if I assumed incorrectly.

Edited by CalicoKat

I thought there were only two options-turtleneck or crew neck. What is the the third option, v-neck? Imperial Storm Trooper? Yoda?

If you could please sketch me a Yoda and then PM it to me, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

I cannot believe this thread is still here. I logged on this morning to see how many of us were banned. :lol:

bro-haha would have been more appropriate, but I have now officially exceeded the number of tags I can add to one thread. ;)

(or is the spelling "bro-jaja)?

I've always seen it as brouhaha, but I could be wrong too.

(I've also seen it as brewhaha when alcohol was involved ...) :D

This whole thread reminds me of the "Friends" episode where Joey gets an acting job on a soap opera but is going to lose it because he's circumcised so the girls make him one out of baloney. If worst comes to worst, you could always invest in Oscar Meyer shares.

I can imagine the anti-discrimination policy tag: We do not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, state of one's penis...

LMAO. Just LMAO. I thought this thread was going to be about when to discuss whether to circ your babies. Then I read what it was really about. Then I read the TAGS.

RUMPLEFORESKIN?!?!

:::dies:::

:lol:

:::can't breathe:::

:::leaves thread with nothing helpful to say:::

My DH said during the middle ages, the inquisition would say a man who was circumsized was an ifidel/heretic because Jews and Muslims were circumcized, but Christians were not. I had no idea! And he looked it up and there are churches who are neutral, some who are adamantly for, and some who are adamantly against. Fascinating topic though.

Since my son isn't religious, I guess it wouldn't matter unless he is being intimate with someone who had only been intimate with circ'd guys. Then he may be seen as too different. I need to talk to him and warn him some girls may reject him. I'll have to encourage him that any girl who feels that way isn't going to be the girl for him anyway.

This thread is super long and OP is probably not reading it anymore but I agree that it should be discussed at the first sign of a boy being interested in courting this young woman. I thought courting was to about getting to know someone for the specific reason of marriage. If this is a deal breaker, then it would mean the relationship couldn't be possible and therefore courting couldn't happen.

Ha!

I believe, in a case like that, a police-style lineup would be required, and a WTM forum poll would make the final call.

I know that the first two guys would be circ'd and uncirc'd, but I'm not sure who we'd use for the perfunctory Other option. :eek:

Maybe Yoda.

I believe, in a case like that, a police-style lineup would be required, and a WTM forum poll would make the final call.

I know that the first two guys would be circ'd and uncirc'd, but I'm not sure who we'd use for the perfunctory Other option. :eek:

Maybe Yoda.

"Hmmmm, ask about my foreskin you shall not."

Does that photo just beg to ask if either of them are circ'ed?

Not sure who the one on the right is, but the one on the left is John Barryman. I would say not based on where he is from.

Same with *gasp* Sean Connery, Gerald Butler etc...

I mean, would you turn down Gerald Butler just because he had a foreskin?

Nicole

ETA: How do you tag a thread?

Edited by Northwest_Mama
question

Not sure who the one on the right is, but the one on the left is John Barryman. I would say not based on where he is from.

Same with *gasp* Sean Connery, Gerald Butler etc...

I mean, would you turn down Gerald Butler just because he had a foreskin?

Nicole

ETA: How do you tag a thread?

Just FYI, it is Barrowman, John Barrowman. He plays Capt. Jack Hottie. Harkness! Sorry... Harkness. It is Hottie only in my mind. Jack Harkness.

The other guy is David Tennent, aka the 10th doctor from Dr. Who.

My DH said during the middle ages, the inquisition would say a man who was circumsized was an ifidel/heretic because Jews and Muslims were circumcized, but Christians were not.

When Roman Polanski was a kid, he sold wax f*reskins to Jews in Poland.

My ex MIL (who was in Panjab in the 40s) said that during the partitioning of Pakistan and India, roving groups of men of either side would find a lone man and pull down his pants. If they were Muslim and the victim uncirc'd, he was killed. If they were Hindu and the victim circ'd, he was killed.