Menu

Said goodbye to my brother today

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

A close family member has attempted suicide three times - was almost successful once. She is Bi-Polar, and every time we don't hear from her for a few days we all worry... someday she might succeed.

Hang in there.

:grouphug:

:grouphug:

today was my brothers memorial service. He killed himself in early November by jumping off a bridge. We had the memorial for him today, even though they have yet to find his body. So many people showed up. He was very loved and will be missed greatly. Please pray that this brings a little closure to my SIL and his dc. Very hard to get through the day. Hug your loved ones and let them know what they mean to you before its too late. My brother and I have had some good talks over the last couple of years.

thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes. I am really struggling today. Yesterday's service was supposed to bring closure for everyone. I think it has for my SIL and family. For me, today is the worse day since this happened. Up until now it has seemed so unreal to me. My brother truly was a very emotionally stable person. Absolutely the last person you would ever imagine doing this. I think I have spent the last two months just stunned and it has just been unreal to me. Seeing all the pictures, seeing his mountain bike he used to race and compete with, hearing all the testimonies from those close to him just made everything final for me. So today, I am not good. I do appreciate all of your prayers.

today was my brothers memorial service. He killed himself in early November by jumping off a bridge. We had the memorial for him today, even though they have yet to find his body. So many people showed up. He was very loved and will be missed greatly. Please pray that this brings a little closure to my SIL and his dc. Very hard to get through the day. Hug your loved ones and let them know what they mean to you before its too late. My brother and I have had some good talks over the last couple of years.

:grouphug: So very sorry.......

Teresa, I'm am very sorry! I think *closure* feels so final sometimes that it makes the pain more intense for a while. Like it's really REAL now, where before it wasn't quite settled. I hope that makes a little sense.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will be your comforter.

yes, I think this makes sense. The pain is definitely more intense, hopefully for just a while. It does feel more final. I'm not sure what will I'll feel if they ever find his body.

yes, I think this makes sense. The pain is definitely more intense, hopefully for just a while. It does feel more final. I'm not sure what will I'll feel if they ever find his body.

Yes, it'll just be for a while. Each day is one day closer to looking back with bittersweet memories instead of enduring such biting pain. I imagine there would be some relief to knowing his body was found, but also a renewal of the sadness. I'm thinking of how I would feel in your shoes, and I'm just so sorry you're having to go through this. :grouphug:

I'm sorry.