Menu

Said goodbye to my brother today

today was my brothers memorial service. He killed himself in early November by jumping off a bridge. We had the memorial for him today, even though they have yet to find his body. So many people showed up. He was very loved and will be missed greatly. Please pray that this brings a little closure to my SIL and his dc. Very hard to get through the day. Hug your loved ones and let them know what they mean to you before its too late. My brother and I have had some good talks over the last couple of years.

I was just thinking about you the other day, Teresa, and wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you got to have a service, but very sorry your brother's body hasn't been recovered. Today must've been an exceptionally hard day.

:grouphug:

thanks, Michelle, yes it was very hard. It was the Page extension bridge. We crossed over the Blanchette bridge. It is so hard to see the Missouri river and wonder if he's under there somewhere. My brother was so loved and you never would have thought he would have done this. He loved his family so much.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I have been wondering if they ever found your brother, and am so sorry to hear that they didn't.

Please know that we're all here for you if you need to talk about your brother. It sounds like he was a very special person, and it is so sad that his life ended as it did.

thanks, Michelle, yes it was very hard. It was the Page extension bridge. We crossed over the Blanchette bridge. It is so hard to see the Missouri river and wonder if he's under there somewhere. My brother was so loved and you never would have thought he would have done this. He loved his family so much.

Oh, I cannot fathom wondering like that...my heart is just breaking for you and everyone who loved him. :crying: