Menu

Learn watercolor painting videos online?

My boys want to learn watercolor painting. We've got watercolor paints and paper, but no time or money for classes. Anyone have recommendations for free video course or a series of youtube videos that will begin at the very basic beginning to help us all learn watercolor painting? Google is fantastic, but we're overwhelmed by the number of choices.

Suggestions for books we could check out from the library would be lovely too. :)

Thanks!

Cat

I'm :bigear: for videos. I hunted a bit on YouTube but was disappointed with what I found.

Two books we love are Watercolor for the Artistically Undiscovered (geared for young kids, excellent) and First Steps Painting Watercolors.

Yes! We really enjoy seeing what the instructor is doing, as opposed to reading a tutorial, but haven't quite found what we're looking for on Youtube.

Thanks for the book recommendations! I'll look for those at the library. Maybe the library will have some videos too. (Don't know why it took me until just now to think of that!)

Cat