Menu

Ecoutez, Parlez! French program

Sahamamama

I have it in front of me trying to remember the reasons I set it aside a few years ago. For a gentle intro to french or a supplement for young elementary aged kids it's fine. There's not a lot to it and if it's less than $15 or $20 I'd probably buy it again. I think Book 1 would take my (at that time 2nd-3rd grader) a couple of months to get through and that is probably the ideal age. I do not own the sequel books so I have no idea how those are. I've lost the CD -- I don't remember the accent being too strong. The CD simply goes through the pages as if you were reading them.

Example of a page midway through the book: "Bonjour. Je m'appelle Monique. Je suis la fille de Madame et Monsieur Blanchard. J'ai un frere. Il s'appelle Jean. J'aime Jean." There is a cartoon picture of a boy on the page.

Sorry to be of little help.

Edited by Dassah

I have it in front of me trying to remember the reasons I set it aside a few years ago. For a gentle intro to french or a supplement for young elementary aged kids it's fine. There's not a lot to it and if it's less than $15 or $20 I'd probably buy it again. I think Book 1 would take my (at that time 2nd-3rd grader) a couple of months to get through and that is probably the ideal age. I do not own the sequel books so I have no idea how those are. I've lost the CD -- I don't remember the accent being too strong. The CD simply goes through the pages as if you were reading them.

Example of a page midway through the book: "Bonjour. Je m'appelle Monique. Je suis la fille de Madame et Monsieur Blanchard. J'ai un frere. Il s'appelle Jean. J'aime Jean." There is a cartoon picture of a boy on the page.

Sorry to be of little help.

Not at all! Thank you, this is very helpful. Anyone else?

I used it and my kids did not like it. They didn't learn well with it either. It is basically repeating the same phrases over and over so it got to be rather boring. My kids need something where they interact with the material whether that interaction is conversational or with their thinking. Memorization isn't a great learning strategy for them. The audio is fine. If your kids are into memorization it might be a great program for you.