Menu

grammar placement tests?

faiths13

is there a grammar curric that has a placement test or maybe just an LA placement test? My ds's have been in ps for most of their schooling and Im really not sure where they are with grammar and writing. I have been working with them but it seems like they already know some stuff and other things they dont (they they "should" know for their grade). So I would like a way to figure out what levels of grammar and writing they need to be at so i can go from there. thanks!

i have them at grade level, but there are some lessons that seem to expect them to know how to do some things that they dont know how to do, and it doesnt teach them how to do it in the book. so im not so sure grade level is where they should be - maybe for one, but i dont know about my ods.

Your ods is above 5th grade, right? You may need a 5th grade level book. As I said, you can usually jump in at grade level up to about grade 5. Beyond that, sometimes they require some knowledge prior to starting.

I would look at samples of various levels of various curricula, and see which one looks like it had enough explanation for your child.