Menu

WTM meeting at Disney????

Okay. There are a LOT of us who are going to be at WDW the first week in February. I've been collecting dates and it seems most people will be there on Feb. 2. Would there be any interest in meeting at Downtown Disney around 2 pm? It'd have to be a quick meeting as people will want to be off with their families. But, could we all plan to meet in front of the hot air balloon? We could find seats nearby and talk (and take pictures of course!).

Easy to remember - 2/2/12 at 2 pm!

We are flying down on the morning of the 2nd. I have to check to see when we are landing. We often eat lunch in Downtown Disney on the day we arrive, so I think that we could possibly make the meet-up. My only concern would be if we finish lunch earlier (12:30 or 1:00) and the kids are chomping at the bit to get to a park. I might have a hard time holding them off. :001_huh:

We are flying down on the morning of the 2nd. I have to check to see when we are landing. We often eat lunch in Downtown Disney on the day we arrive, so I think that we could possibly make the meet-up. My only concern would be if we finish lunch earlier (12:30 or 1:00) and the kids are chomping at the bit to get to a park. I might have a hard time holding them off. :001_huh:

I'd come over early to meet you guys! The 2nd is our free day and we just have to check into our hotel and have fun! We love DD for our first day. We were thinking of trying the balloon ride there. It was too windy when we went last year.

Okay - so, you may want to have an earlier meeting. I'm writing all of this down so we can get as many of us there as possible!

We are getting there mid-day on the 2nd but our daughter isn't coming until the 5th. We're attending a conference and then extending the trip to go to Disney. Our friends are bringing our daughter along with their kids on the 5th. We're saying at the Bonnet Creek Hilton until the 5th and then a condo close to Disney the 5th - 11th.

I'd come over early to meet you guys! The 2nd is our free day and we just have to check into our hotel and have fun! We love DD for our first day. We were thinking of trying the balloon ride there. It was too windy when we went last year.

Okay - so, you may want to have an earlier meeting. I'm writing all of this down so we can get as many of us there as possible!

Sounds good! I'll check our flight time and then I'll be able to give you a better estimate. I think we are leaving fairly early in the morning though and flying direct, so I'm thinking that an earlier time might work better for us. I'll get back with the details later. :001_smile:

Where are you staying?

Sounds good! I'll check our flight time and then I'll be able to give you a better estimate. I think we are leaving fairly early in the morning though and flying direct, so I'm thinking that an earlier time might work better for us. I'll get back with the details later. :001_smile:

Where are you staying?

Port Orleans Riverside. We're just a short boat ride away from DDD!

We are getting there mid-day on the 2nd but our daughter isn't coming until the 5th. We're attending a conference and then extending the trip to go to Disney. Our friends are bringing our daughter along with their kids on the 5th. We're saying at the Bonnet Creek Hilton until the 5th and then a condo close to Disney the 5th - 11th.

Could you meet up on the 2nd - I know your dd wouldn't be there, but I'd love to meet up anyway!

We used to stay there a lot (back when it was called Dixie Landings). I love the ambiance there... and the boat ride to DD. :001_smile:

I love it too. I love just walking around the grounds. It's so peaceful and quiet. And, I love the big pool! My dh swims with the kids and I get a drink from the bar and relax. LOVE it!!!!

Where are you staying?

I'll have to check out our conference schedule but possibly. When do you leave? I know I have to go to Disney to pick up our homeschool tickets before the 6th.

We leave on the 9th. I may try and extend that one more day though. Just 'cause I always do that before a trip!

Jealous!

But I did get to meet a few WTM folks in November at Disney.

Dawn

How did you work that out? I'm thinking that the time I had originally planned may not work because people that are already visiting the parks would have to leave and it would take a huge chunk of time when they could be visiting with Mickey!

So, now I'm thinking of making it early one morning instead. Before the parks open. How did you guys do it?

Well, the woman who organized the homeschool trip organized a meet at Disney Quest one afternoon and I met some that way.

Then Kari in SC organized a $5 Legoland day and I so we met a few others that way.

It would be too hard in the parks unless you want to meet up for B-fast or something I would think.

Dawn

How did you work that out? I'm thinking that the time I had originally planned may not work because people that are already visiting the parks would have to leave and it would take a huge chunk of time when they could be visiting with Mickey!

So, now I'm thinking of making it early one morning instead. Before the parks open. How did you guys do it?

I love it too. I love just walking around the grounds. It's so peaceful and quiet. And, I love the big pool! My dh swims with the kids and I get a drink from the bar and relax. LOVE it!!!!

Where are you staying?

We are staying at Bay Lake Towers. It is the new DVC that they built right next to the Contemporary Resort. I love staying there because we can walk over to the Magic Kingdom. :thumbup1:

Hello again. The 2nd is our last touring day and we will have seen pretty much everything by then and will just be revisiting our favorites. What time does downtown disney open in the mornings? We have only been there at the end of our days (ds loves the lego store and dh and I love the Earl of Sandwich ;)) We can probably meet any time, but morning or evening might be better than mid-day. Just let me know:001_smile: