Menu

Help me come up with an asian inspired dinner

I'd like to start cooking some things that just sit in my pantry. Tonight I would like to use a package of buckwheat soba noodles.

Some other things I have on hand that fits with the asian theme:

onion

garlic

frzn pepper strips

frzn edamame

fresh broccoli

sesame oil

sweet cooking rice wine

rice vinegar

red curry paste

fish sauce

miso paste

soy sauce

hot chili oil

chicken breast

Any ideas? BTW - I do best with recipes than " a little of this, a handful of that" unless it is very, very simple. Thanks!

SJ

You might cube the chicken and marinate it in a mixture of soy sauce, rice wine, a splash of vinegar, and a tiny bit of fish sauce. Pepper flakes and a bit of ginger if you have them. Saute the chicken in the sesame oil (maybe combined with another kind if the taste would be too strong) and a bit of chili oil. Then remove the chicken, saute the vegetables. Chuck the chicken back in with more soy sauce/mirin/vinegar and a bit of broth if you like more sauce. Serve on your lovely noodles.

I'd like to start cooking some things that just sit in my pantry. Tonight I would like to use a package of buckwheat soba noodles.

Some other things I have on hand that fits with the asian theme:

onion

garlic

frzn pepper strips

frzn edamame

fresh broccoli

sesame oil

sweet cooking rice wine

rice vinegar

red curry paste

fish sauce

miso paste

soy sauce

hot chili oil

chicken breast

Any ideas? BTW - I do best with recipes than " a little of this, a handful of that" unless it is very, very simple. Thanks!

SJ

I'd just stir fry the veggies and chicken in some soy sauce and a little oil then serve it over the noodles. If you're not great at timing/adding the ingredients so they are all properly cooked at the same time, you are allowed to cook them one or two at a time and just combine/quick heat before serving. The only thing you don't have that would be REALLY nice to add is some fresh ginger, but even that's not a deal breaker. I'd toss in some chili oil to taste, but everyone in my house s happy with a little heat.