Menu

Can you stand another Disney question?

So, we leave in two weeks. We will be on the (free) dining plan and have to combine a couple counterservice meals so that we can eat at a sit down place that is two credits (California Grill).

So, we need a couple counterservice places that have large portions.

We need two at Epcot and one at Hollywood Studios.

We also need one at any hotel or Downtown Disney (we'll be at Animal Kingdom that day and they close at 5), so something outside the parks. I hear Earl of Sandwich is pretty good. Opinions?

Thanks!

We always share meals at Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

Wolfgang Puck at Downtown Disney is excellent as well.

:iagree:

I love both of these places and WPE has huge portions.

We were able to get a take-out pizza plus two drinks and two desserts at our hotel (Coronado Springs) for two cs credits. We got a pizza loaded with veggies and it fed all three of us. We used the dessert credits and got muffins/pastries for breakfast the next day.

I love free dining :001_wub:

We always share meals at Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

Wolfgang Puck at Downtown Disney is excellent as well.

I do remember Sunshine Seasons from a previous visit. I'm off to check out their menus. Thank you!

We love WP, but they don't seem to be on the meal plan anymore! I was so sad to see them off the list. I'm going to ask when I get there just to be sure though.

:iagree:

I love both of these places and WPE has huge portions.

We were able to get a take-out pizza plus two drinks and two desserts at our hotel (Coronado Springs) for two cs credits. We got a pizza loaded with veggies and it fed all three of us. We used the dessert credits and got muffins/pastries for breakfast the next day.

I love free dining :001_wub:

I sure hope WPE is on the meal plan. But, they aren't on the on line list of approved places. Have you ever eaten at Earl of Sandwich?

We are planning on using our snack credits for breakfasts!

I do remember Sunshine Seasons from a previous visit. I'm off to check out their menus. Thank you!

We love WP, but they don't seem to be on the meal plan anymore! I was so sad to see them off the list. I'm going to ask when I get there just to be sure though.

I sure hope WPE is on the meal plan. But, they aren't on the on line list of approved places. Have you ever eaten at Earl of Sandwich?

Earl of sandwich is really good. I think it's pretty easy to share a meal there too. Their fountain drinks are fill your own so yo can get refills and fill up on nice cold water too.

You can always pay with cash too if you need to.

At Hollywood studios Pizza Planet you get a personal pizza with salad and dessert. You could probably split one of those between two people.

Thanks! I'll keep that one in mind!

Earl of sandwich is really good. I think it's pretty easy to share a meal there too. Their fountain drinks are fill your own so yo can get refills and fill up on nice cold water too.

You can always pay with cash too if you need to.

Yea. I know we could pay with cash. I'm just really, really frugal. And, if we CAN fill up with the meal credits we have, I'd like to do that. Our backup plan is to pay cash!

I really liked Earl of Sandwich! I am not typically a fan of counter service meals :blush:, but Earl of Sandwich is one place that I don't mind eating. :001_smile:

I really liked Earl of Sandwich! I am not typically a fan of counter service meals :blush:, but Earl of Sandwich is one place that I don't mind eating. :001_smile:

Awesome! I'm not really a fan of counter service meals either. We usually end up winging those meals and I always end up sorry. So, this time I'm trying to plan them out a bit as well as get large portions! Glad to hear you liked this place.

Awesome! I'm not really a fan of counter service meals either. We usually end up winging those meals and I always end up sorry. So, this time I'm trying to plan them out a bit as well as get large portions! Glad to hear you liked this place.

IKWYM about winging the non-sitdown meals. I usually end up grabbing a soft pretzel and then I feel sick and dissatisfied. :glare: I feel like the portions in Earl of Sandwich were pretty big, if I remember correctly. I like it because it is like a deli. They have deli-style sandwiches, macaroni salads, potato salads, fresh fruit, etc. Have you checked out their menu on allears.net? It is definitely better than the typical greasy cheeseburger which I can tolerate no more than one time on a typical trip. :001_smile:

Starring Rolls in HS has HUGE sandwiches. Buy one sandwich and one croissant and make two sandwiches out of it. We do this regularly.

Earl of Sandwich is great in DTD. Very yummy and it's easy to split a sandwich there.

If you guys like Moroccan food, the platters at the Tangierine Cafe are also really big. Very shareable.

Have fun!!!!

Yes, I agree with the others that Earl of Sandwich is really good with big portions. We usually stop there on our departure day for sandwiches for the road.

I just checked on the Dis and according to their restaurants page, the Marketplace WPE is on the dining plan. That's not official, I guess. I wonder if you could just call them (the restaurant, I mean).

Hope you have a great time and happy dining :001_smile:.

Starring Rolls in HS has HUGE sandwiches. Buy one sandwich and one croissant and make two sandwiches out of it.

This, definitely. The turkey is just okay, but the ham sandwich is delicious. Dh and I usually share it and it is definitely enough for lunch. Plus they have really yummy desserts. :)

I second Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT. The CS place at Mexico is also a possibility.

In Epcot the place in Morocco is good and big portions at the counter service. If you can wing it over to Coronado, the Pepper Market is really good - tons of options and worth it. If you shift plans to do a C/S in MK, Cosmic Rays is notorious for a HUGE lunch or dinner combo - the 1/2 slab of ribs, 1/2 chicken, side and dessert + beverage counts as 1C/S credit and it's enough for at least two people!

IKWYM about winging the non-sitdown meals. I usually end up grabbing a soft pretzel and then I feel sick and dissatisfied. :glare: I feel like the portions in Earl of Sandwich were pretty big, if I remember correctly. I like it because it is like a deli. They have deli-style sandwiches, macaroni salads, potato salads, fresh fruit, etc. Have you checked out their menu on allears.net? It is definitely better than the typical greasy cheeseburger which I can tolerate no more than one time on a typical trip. :001_smile:

I have been checking out the menus as I hear about them. Honestly, I know a LOT about Disney. But, counter service restaurants? I wing it! With free dining, we stop when hungry. This is my first time going with two teenage appetites and having to split meals. I'm thinking that some of dh and my snacks could easily go to the kids!

Starring Rolls in HS has HUGE sandwiches. Buy one sandwich and one croissant and make two sandwiches out of it. We do this regularly.

Earl of Sandwich is great in DTD. Very yummy and it's easy to split a sandwich there.

If you guys like Moroccan food, the platters at the Tangierine Cafe are also really big. Very shareable.

Have fun!!!!

This helps!!! Thank you! I've never heard of Starring Rolls. We'll definitely do the sandwich split!

Glad to hear Earl of Sandwich is good!

We do like Moroccan food. But, we went to the sit down place once and really didn't like it! Is Tangeirine Cafe separate from the sit down place?

Yes, I agree with the others that Earl of Sandwich is really good with big portions. We usually stop there on our departure day for sandwiches for the road.

I just checked on the Dis and according to their restaurants page, the Marketplace WPE is on the dining plan. That's not official, I guess. I wonder if you could just call them (the restaurant, I mean).

Hope you have a great time and happy dining :001_smile:.

Huh. I'm going to check again. I'd rather eat there because we know it and loved it last time! Good to have another vote for Earl of Sandwich though!

We could have shared meals at Backlot Express at Hollywood Studios with all of the food we had left. We seemed to have food leftover everywhere we ate with the free dining. Maybe use some snack credits to get some extra fries or something?

Thanks!!! We've not eaten there either! I'll look it up at allears.com. I do remember we had leftover food at the sit down places. But, this is the first time we're going with two teen boys. They eat a LOT!!!!!

This, definitely. The turkey is just okay, but the ham sandwich is delicious. Dh and I usually share it and it is definitely enough for lunch. Plus they have really yummy desserts. :)

I second Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT. The CS place at Mexico is also a possibility.

Thank you !!!!! Good to have a lot of votes for one place!

We shared at Morocco, the barbecue place in Animal Kingdom, and Sunshine Seasons. Also, I think, at the place across from the racetrack in Magic Kingdom. But my kids might be younger than yours (they were 9 and 6).

Yes! My BIL mentioned the barbecue place at AK! My kids are older, but I'm sure the appetite is near the same after a day at Disney!!

In Epcot the place in Morocco is good and big portions at the counter service. If you can wing it over to Coronado, the Pepper Market is really good - tons of options and worth it. If you shift plans to do a C/S in MK, Cosmic Rays is notorious for a HUGE lunch or dinner combo - the 1/2 slab of ribs, 1/2 chicken, side and dessert + beverage counts as 1C/S credit and it's enough for at least two people!

Thanks! Cosmic Rays is definitely on our plan for our MK days!

Yep, Tangierine Cafe is totally different. It's strictly a CS restaurant. Pretty decent, too. I've never eaten at the TS restaurant in Morocco...I've heard it's kind of "meh".

The QS in Japan looks like it might have large platters, too. Yakitori House. I've never eaten there, but I've never heard anything bad about it either.

If you're looking for a fun snack, my kids love the "American Dream" slushies with icecream at the Fife & Drum in the American Pavillion.

Edited by DianeW88

Yep, Tangierine Cafe is totally different. It's strictly a CS restaurant. Pretty decent, too. I've never eaten at the TS restaurant in Morocco...I've heard it's kind of "meh".

The QS in Japan looks like it might have large platters, too. Yakitori House. I've never eaten there, but I've never heard anything bad about it either.

If you're looking for a fun snack, my kids love the "American Dream" slushies with icecream at the Fife & Drum in the American Pavillion.

Awesome! We've eaten at the Japanese place before. It was just okay. Think American Japanese food. I don't remember portion sizes. Maybe we'll try the Tangierine Cafe though.

Thanks for the snack idea! We hadn't even thought of those!! The slushies sound really good!

I love the food at Morocco! Plenty of food on the counter service tray.

Hollywood Studios we eat at ABC studios. (I think it is called something different now, not sure.) Plenty of food to share and the curry and rice is really good!

Dawn

Have fun!!!!

Hey! They closed Yakaturi House. It's now called Katsura Grill and serves sushi! I think we'll try that one day!!!

Then my WDW dining app needs to get on the ball!! :lol: It still has it listed. What about the CS in China? Have you ever eaten there? Any good? I'm always looking for a good and fun CS. We love the bakery in Norway, but the portions aren't really "shareable".

Then my WDW dining app needs to get on the ball!! :lol: It still has it listed. What about the CS in China? Have you ever eaten there? Any good? I'm always looking for a good and fun CS. We love the bakery in Norway, but the portions aren't really "shareable".

I went to Allears.net. I don't think I've ever been to the CS in China.

Hmmm . . . my app has it still open too. Allears has it closed as of 9/11.