Menu

art reed dvd for algebra 2 ????

I'm trying to decide whether to purchase art reed's dvds for algebra 2. We already have saxon teacher. Dd is on lesson 64. I'm struggling to keep up with the teaching. I'm wondering if art reed does a better job presenting the lecture/lesson. Dd does not like the saxon teacher this year (she liked in for algebra 1, but it is a different teacher this year). She wants more lecture time. In the past, I've been able to to provide that. And, there are still some lessons I can still provide extra. But, sometimes, the material is more complicated and I need to spend a bunch of time preparing. My youngest is in 7th grade and her material also takes a fair amount of time and prep.

So, would art reed be a good idea for us??

• 11 years later...

I think that Art Reed is a much better and more personable DVD approach for teaching Saxon upper level math.  I have Art Reed for 8/7, Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 and we love it.  I know that your post was from 11 years ago, but I hope that somebody else will benefit from this reply so I am leaving it anyway.  Art Reed uses his own examples so that your kids can use the book as additional examples when needed which is a bonus.  Plus, Art speaks directly to the kids so I think it feels more inviting than many software instructional programs.  Hope this helps someone out there.