Menu

If you have a microwave you like, what kind is it?

I love my whirlpool. Do not get a sharp. I had one that had problems the entire time we had it. It broke w/in 6 months of purchase. Got it fixed. It broke again. And Again. Hated that thing.

The broken one we have is a Whirlpool. :tongue_smilie: Apparently we got lucky that it lasted 2 years. It has 6 reviews on Amazon, and every single one of them is a 1-star review. None of the reviewers got close to 2 years out of their microwaves.

Based on the Amazon reviews of microwaves, I don't think there is a decent over-the-range microwave. :glare:

Our GE lasted well - we just got rid of it after 14 years even though it was still working because the handle broke on it and I was tired of it. We replaced it with a GE micro/convection oven. When we were shopping for it, the lady at Best Buy really liked the Samsung microwaves, which made the one we bought okay because it was made by Samsung for GE.

I have a Whirlpool over-the-range model. I chose it specifically because I can turn off the turntable, making it possible to use a large rectangle baking dish (or a turkey; yes, I cooked a turkey in the microwave once. It was pretty good :) ). It's about 7yo.