Menu

Look what my dd painted . . . .

(okay, it's a mom brag) she did it on 6 X 6 tiles that were then glazed and baked in a kiln.

It's Myrtle Falls, the meadow around Edith Creek, with Mt. Rainier in the background. It's just above Paradise.

The flowers along the bottom are Glacier Lilies, Mt. Lupine, Avalance Lilies, and Indian Paintbrush.

post-21762-13535086083623_thumb.jpg

Wow. That is unbelievable. I would love to have a talent like that!

No kidding. ANd here I was bragging about my ability to melt crayons :lol: I would love to be truly artistic and talented like that.

GardenMom did she grid out the original picture to know what she was painting? And did she see this done elsewhere or come up with it herself. I think just the vision of it is impressive before she even started painting it and then the painting itself is gorgeous. Now I want stairs in my house so I can hire your dd to paint tiles for it :D

I want to say thank you to everyone for your kind words. Makes a mom feel good.

GardenMom did she grid out the original picture to know what she was painting? And did she see this done elsewhere or come up with it herself. I think just the vision of it is impressive before she even started painting it and then the painting itself is gorgeous. Now I want stairs in my house so I can hire your dd to paint tiles for it :D

many years ago I saw a photo of a mural on a staircase in a home/garden magazine. Since we have to go up that flight of stairs to get to the living room, I really wanted to do something.

She did the original on tracing paper, then marked out where the stairs would be before dividing into sixths for each tile. So she did have a master for the pattern, with notations for colors. She used pencil to transfer the design to the tiles before painting them and went row by row.