Menu

So frustrated with history

sunnylady303

So we've been using SOTW pretty poorly and sporadically for several months. I've decided that I want to do better with history so I went through the activity book and planned out fiction and non-fiction for most weeks that my DDs could read. I felt happy with my plan.

So I just went to order the books and more than half are out of print. Grr. I wish I could buy a SOTW supplement package with a variety of books to read on most of the topics - both fiction and nonfiction. Does anything at all similar exist? I'm going crazy!

Have you checked out Classical House of Learning? This has completely revitalized our history literature component! It took me a bit to figure it all out, but for example for Ancients, it goes weekly with the SOTW chapters, and then there is a listing of required reading, a list of optional reading, and then a list of read alouds. She has even included student guides with vocabulary, narration prompts, easy activity ideas, and dictation and copywork as well! It's all broken down for you in a lesson plan form, and it's free!

http://www.classicalhouseoflearning.com/

Edited by Cindyz

Have you checked out Classical House of Learning? This has completely revitalized our history literature component! It took me a bit to figure it all out, but for example for Ancients, it goes weekly with the SOTW chapters, and then there is a listing of required reading, a list of optional reading, and then a list of read alouds. It's all broken down for you, and it's free!

http://www.classicalhouseoflearning.com/

:iagree: Very helpful site!