Menu

Can you catch something easier from...

It depends. Is the stranger breathing, coughing, or licking on my face?

:lol:

I'd say the odds are better you'll catch something at the doctor's office than in a grocery store, but I don't think it's any easier.

Wait.

Are YOU licking anything in the doctor's office? How about the stranger?

It depends. Is the stranger breathing, coughing, or licking on my face?

I'd say the odds are better you'll catch something at the doctor's office than in a grocery store, but I don't think it's any easier.

Wait.

Are YOU licking anything in the doctor's office? How about the stranger?

I am rolling, first of all what does qualified bee keeper even mean????

What is w/the licking, I cannot remember a time I have been licked in public????

The tears are rolling.

Unless there's licking involved, :tongue_smilie:, I'd say the doctor's office.

I mean, unless the guy behind you is coughing, horking, or sneezing all over, you're not likely to get his germs. On the other hand, we can't help but touch things at the doctor's office (door handles, chairs, pens, magazines), and that's where lots of catchy-germy people go.

I HATE having to go to the doctors. In fact, Moose has a well visit coming up, and I think I'm gonna cancel it. I'd just rather not expose him to the germs.

Ages ago there was a discussion about hsers having low immunity because they weren't exposed to school situations. At one point the response, "Oh no, I have them lick the floor every where we go," came up. Now any immunity/sickness threads I see make me think of that.

ETA, qualified bee keeper means I post too much ;)

I think there is a higher probability in the doc's office. For one thing, more people within a confined space and for another, people come to the doctor because they're sick. (I know there are physicals and well checks, etc, but lots of kids get sick after their well-check.) I always took stuff for my kids from home and wouldn't let them touch anything at the doc's office. I would also take hand sanitizer and use it liberally.

I think there is a higher probability in the doc's office. For one thing, more people within a confined space and for another, people come to the doctor because they're sick. (I know there are physicals and well checks, etc, but lots of kids get sick after their well-check.) I always took stuff for my kids from home and wouldn't let them touch anything at the doc's office. I would also take hand sanitizer and use it liberally.

:iagree: I do bring and use hand sanitizer. Certainly the grocery store is nasty, too. I mean, think about everyone who has touched that shopping cart handle. :ack2: I bring hand sanitizer with me to the grocery store. Usually dh pushes the cart because I stare at the handle for a few seconds. He laughs and tells me that it is fine because he licked it clean. :glare: