Menu

Brain Pop and Discovery Steaming- G3 question

I would say it is highly likely to be August as the current subscriptions run out July 31, IIRC.

I'm planning on switching to G3 from the HSBC subscription this coming year. I had gone ahead with the HSBC because it took so long to get answers from G3 last summer on whether the G3 subscription would contain the middle school Spanish program, which was my main reason to subscribe. Their selection is not exactly the same as either the basic or plus DS through HSBC, though still extensive (I think I remember that the number of video selections fell in between the numbers of the two HSBC options). It turns out that they do have the Spanish, but it has been a poor fit for my daughter, so it's no longer a relevant question anyway. I really like having DS as a supplement for most subjects, though, so we're switching to the cheaper subscription even if I have to miss a couple of weeks between.

FYI- I went through G3 last August(late) and have decided that DE is well worth the $130 (basic) we'll probably get the Plus next year. Not as impressed with BrainPop.

What major differences did you find in the G3 subscription and the HSBC one? I don't really care one way or the other about Brainpop at this point.

I would say it is highly likely to be August as the current subscriptions run out July 31, IIRC.

I'm planning on switching to G3 from the HSBC subscription this coming year. I had gone ahead with the HSBC because it took so long to get answers from G3 last summer on whether the G3 subscription would contain the middle school Spanish program, which was my main reason to subscribe. Their selection is not exactly the same as either the basic or plus DS through HSBC, though still extensive (I think I remember that the number of video selections fell in between the numbers of the two HSBC options). It turns out that they do have the Spanish, but it has been a poor fit for my daughter, so it's no longer a relevant question anyway. I really like having DS as a supplement for most subjects, though, so we're switching to the cheaper subscription even if I have to miss a couple of weeks between.

Good to know about the G3 response time. Even though it's more expensive it might be worth just doing the Basic or Plus. Thanks!

Good to know about the G3 response time. Even though it's more expensive it might be worth just doing the Basic or Plus. Thanks!

To be clear, the response time was to a specific question about the content of their subscription and was sent during the summer (I think it was early-mid July), rather than an attempt to subscribe. I don't remember if they do summer courses or not, but it did take weeks, not days, to eventually get an answer. I finally went with HSBC (looks like by the end of July as my current subscription ends 7-30) and got a response after I did that.

This was a very different experience than I had a few years ago with them when we did the Brainpop subscription through them for my daughter's 3rd grade year (she's 6th now). At the time, that was the only extra offered. The interaction in that case was timely and we had no issues with the Brainpop subscription at all. Subscribing online for that was also not an issue, as I remember. I haven't tried taking a course nor have we actually accessed any of the webinars or forum options they offer.