Menu

Elementary Spanish - United Streaming/Cosmeo

I am considering this for the fall to use for Spanish but I am trying to choose between United Streaming and Cosmeo. Does Cosmeo have all the Spanish classes grades 1-8? I signed up for the free trial for United Streaming but I can only see a couple of minutes of everything. How do you schedule it? Each grade (1 and 2) for example has 10 units. Are units 1-5 first grade? Do you watch the same lesson all week? Thanks for any help!

Jill

I used United Streaming Elementary Spanish 3/4 for my 2nd and 4th graders last year. This year I plan on using 1/2 for my 1st grader and 5/6 for my 3rd and 5th graders.

They watch a 1 lesson 4x's a week (a different one each time), it's normally about 15-25 minutes. The reason it has the split grade 1/2, 3/4 etc. is because you use half the program for each grade so it would last you 2 grades. This works if you plan on doing Spanish 2x's a week. We did it 4x's a week so we finished the entire 3/4 in a year.

If you click on the Teacher Related Materials tab you will find ALL the downloads for the workbook pages. I print these out ahead of time for the upcoming quarter 3 hole punch them and place them in a cheap 3 prong holder. My kiddos really liked Senior Morris and for us it's free, we get it through the district.

Guest hsmom2myboys

With Cosmeo, you don't get the workbooks. I started with Cosmeo last year and ordered the workbook for Gr 1/2 Units 1-5 (50 lessons) for $25 + s/h from Northern Arizona University (google for their website - there's a page for homeschoolers and order form for the workbooks.)

I switched to United Streaming when Homeschool Buyers Co-op had a discount deal and also discovered that ALL the worksheets, teacher notes, etc. were free with the video lessons as PDF files. Cosmeo is $99/year and with HS Buyers Co-op is was about $130 or so, but I'm saving a ton on the workbooks. Also I have 2 boys and was photocopying the workbook (okay by the copywrite privileges), but it's much easier to just print two copies from the PDF as I need them.

We did the first 50 Unit 1-5 lessons and are working on the Unit 6-10 lessons to finish up Gr. 1/2 so we can start Gr. 3/4 next fall. It's working very well for us.

I did the 30 day free trial on United Streaming too and was able to see full length of everything I tried. I think you're having some other problem if you can only see a few minutes. I'd give them a call. Something doesn't seem right. The free trial is for the U.S. Plus which isn't available for homeschoolers. It has more available than what you get when you buy it. There's a 75 or so page PDF file listing all the videos you get with the regular subscription somewhere on their webpage. Call and ask them to send it to you if you can't find it. I was also pleased to see that they add new videos sometimes. I get a monthly newsletter and it announced new additions.