Menu

The meat guys are moving up in the world.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, they must be incredibly successful, because I know that every time one of the meat or seafood guys has come to my house, it has always been because he had "several other deliveries in the neighborhood..." :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, they must be incredibly successful, because I know that every time one of the meat or seafood guys has come to my house, it has always been because he had "several other deliveries in the neighborhood..." :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: :D

Oh yes, they said they "deliver to some of my neighbors". :lol:

LOL The meat truck has come to our house twice in the past two weeks! The first time, DH was home alone and he made the mistake of telling him that I buy all our meat at Whole Foods. Apparently they mocked him. (And it's not even true.) :lol:

The second time they came, I answered the door and just gave them my usual (and usually truthful) answer that our freezer was packed to the gills. They just can't argue with a lack of storage space for their quality product. ;)

Well, well. I had an encounter today w/ the near-mythical meat truck guys.

I was walking out to get the mail & a truck was going up the street. They skidded to a halt (because they saw me) & the guy was starting to get out as the truck was still moving. He asked me if we eat a lot of steak. My answer. No. I'm a vegetarian. (Which is true. My family is not, though.)

He quickly kept himself from falling out of the truck (which he was already halfway out of) & they drove on to the neighbor's house. :lol:

I was wondering if these sightings were like seeing Big Foot or a Yeti. Now I can say I've seen them w/ my very own eyes! :tongue_smilie::lol:

You guys just need to get some REALLY big dogs... And your own cattle herd doesn't hurt... :lol:

I have a big dog, but she can smell the meat, traitor that she is! :lol: I was gonna do the vegetarian thing if he pushed, but he didn't. So I'll save it for next time. (dd is a recent veggie convert)

You guys just need to get some REALLY big dogs... And your own cattle herd doesn't hurt... :lol:

Having your own cattle doesn't work either... they told me they could sell me their meat for way less than I could raise it and that their beef comes off the "best" stocklots. :lol: