Menu

I'm sick; They're happy.

Me: I'm <insert long pause as I gather strength to say another word> sick.

Children: *ears perk up* *they look at one another briefly*

Me: So, *snuffles and coughs* we won't do school *snuffles and forgets what I was saying* today.

Children: *using all their might not to smile* Poor, Mommy! *hugs* We hope you feel better soon! *their faces about to break from not smiling*

Me: Thank *hacks* you. Here, have a vitamin C.

Children: Thank you, Mommy. *They skip off into the other room*

I'm so glad that I made their day. Though I do expect my 11-year-old DD to be in here within the hour asking if she can read ahead in history or science.

I feel your pain.

I have a horrible sore throat and no voice at all. Dd has a bit of a cough, but is otherwise healthy and wide awake. She ran up to me with a pile of books this morning demanding that I read. I told her I was too sick, so she gave me a kiss and said, "There! Now you're all better. READ."

I have to be nearly dead for them to not do school work. I mean unconscious. Because I cannot stand to have them so happy over me being sick :glare: On the other hand, they too, need to be nearly dead to skip. I show no mercy. Until springtime!

Thank you, everyone. :grouphug:

I told them that I would not be able to cook tonight, so they would have to do something. Next thing I know my nineteen-year-old DS is asking me how to make Chile Con Queso. My sixteen-year-old DD is in there making brownies. My dh calls (he works in another state), so I tell him about the menu. He laughed.

Finally my oldest son comes in and surveys what is happening in the kitchen and announces that he will grill some hamburgers and make a salad. Whew.

Tally so far is:

GS 7 - Sinus infection

GS 9 - Throat and sinus infection

DS 19 - Throat, sinus, and ear infection

DS 4 - Ear infection

DD 24 - Throat, sinus, and ear infection

At least we made it through Christmas without being sick.

Me: I'm <insert long pause as I gather strength to say another word> sick.

Children: *ears perk up* *they look at one another briefly*

Me: So, *snuffles and coughs* we won't do school *snuffles and forgets what I was saying* today.

Children: *using all their might not to smile* Poor, Mommy! *hugs* We hope you feel better soon! *their faces about to break from not smiling*

Me: Thank *hacks* you. Here, have a vitamin C.

Children: Thank you, Mommy. *They skip off into the other room*

I'm so glad that I made their day. Though I do expect my 11-year-old DD to be in here within the hour asking if she can read ahead in history or science.

:lol::lol::lol: Sounds exactly like our house. My 14yodd will bring me water, medicine, tea, toast, whatever is needed to keep me happy and napping on the couch. And both kids are always QUIET....don't want to ruin a good thing! :D