Menu

How much do you pay for internet a month?

We bundle. It's $80/mo for home internet, a mobile internet hub (can go anywhere we can get a Sprint 4G signal), and home phone w/unlimited calls, long distance. I think that the way they have it structured is it's $30 for the home internet, $30 for the phone and $20 for the mobile hub, but I think that any one service would be $40 by itself. (This is through Clear.)

We pay something like forty bucks a month for 12 meg internet service. We need it to be fairly fast because dh is a hardcore gamer. If we went with a lower speed, we could get it for twenty a month.

What's frustrating here is that they have the town divided up into little monopolies. In our neighborhood, you can only get it from Charter. Period. Other neighborhoods can only get it from one specific company. Makes it kind of hard to shop around. :glare:

NOt sure, I have just been so amazed at the low prices I am paying here. I have internet, phone with free calling all over US and Canada, and four cable outlets plus 2 DVRs and I am paying around $95 for all of that. I should include that I have very extensive cable though not any pay channels or special channels like Spanish or Adult movies.

We have a combined high speed internet and "expanded cable" package through Charter. (no premiere channels) It's $129 a month, with all the taxes and fees added in.

Ours is about this much, too, but is a business package DSL because we host a server and had to have the upgrade.

Right now we pay $50/month for 5Gig of mifi access through AT&T 3G. We pay an additional $10/Gig over that (thus, no online videos at this house). We went this route because we had no DSL or cable access at our old house and satellite was very expensive and unreliable.

However, about a month ago dh called T-Mobile (our current cell phone provider who we are not too happy with) and AT&T (through whom we have cell internet only) to compare prices, check agreement times, costs of early termination, etc, and the agent at AT&T offered him a bundle of DSL, DirectTV, and a 5Gig iPhone data plan for $50/month for 2 years with a 2 year contract. We couldn't do it then because we could not afford the early termination fee with T-Mobile, but we are thinking when tax refund time rolls around we will switch because we could get DSL, satellite tv, and two data phones (we are going to see what price we can get if we get low data limits) for less than what we pay for just our two non-data phones right now. The agent said she made a note on our account to keep the deal open to us through May, so we're hoping it works out. It sure would be nice.

I pay $48.99 a month for cable internet (up to 20 Mbps with power boost whatever that is). I don't bundle because the company sucked for phone and television. My dh teases how when I die someone will have to pry the Directv remote from my cold dead hand.

Edited by nukeswife

We pay $44 for internet alone. It is turbo and gets around 20mbps on most days.

Dh works from home some and needs the faster internet and we have streaming for TVs and computers, so it really helps.

We could cut back to $30 as that is the lowest tier, but it was too slow for us.

Dawn