Menu

I stink at this

My kids have never been on a schedule. My DD9 never gets half of her school work done. There are messes to clean up in every room and my DS4 gets ignored most of the time. I just can't juggle all of this at all. I am horrible at the SAHM, houswife, homeschooler job.

That is all.

Edited by Lovedtodeath
and I can't even spell housewife. lol

My kids have never been on a schedule. My DD9 never gets half of her school work done. There are messes to clean up in every room and my DS4 gets ignored most of the time. I just can't juggle all of this at all. I am horrible at the SAHM, houswife, homeschooler job.

That is all.

:grouphug: me too.

Sounds a lot like our house too :grouphug: DH asked last night, "So, what did you guys do today?" And I knew it was a thinly veiled, "What did YOU do all day?!" :( At least I can blame the stomach virus that has wracked the house for the last 10 days...for now :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug: Just remember you are harder on yourself than others are. I am terrible at a lot of things. One thing I'm really good at is beating myself up. I excel!

You should have seen my meltdown last night. One for the books. I sat there grading ds11's school work from the day and he did terrible. He was doing so good last week! This week? Not so much.

I had been up since 6:00am. I have a hard schedule 4 days a week. I'm angry and resentful that I must work in the afternoons because the stupid housing market tanked and dh lost his job, blah, blah, blah. I lost it and had a really nice pity party including wine and cookies.

Dh is a sweetie and keeps asking what he can do, where he can help. I'm just so used to doing it on my own, it's hard to give over control.

And my ds8's brand new snake he got for Christmas was dead in the cage when I woke up this morning. Awesome.

So, yeah, I know how you feel. I feel like I'm failing at everything these days.

Wanna start a club? :tongue_smilie:

I know! Sometimes I think I sabotage myself...
Exactly!

Sounds a lot like our house too :grouphug: DH asked last night, "So, what did you guys do today?" And I knew it was a thinly veiled, "What did YOU do all day?!" :( At least I can blame the stomach virus that has wracked the house for the last 10 days...for now :tongue_smilie:
Aw, you poor thing.:grouphug: DH is the one who is most disappointed I know, and if I call him to vent he will just say again that we should put the kids in school.

Coffee and chocolate solve every ill around here. I'm all for a trip to the park right now, too. Tomorrow will be another day.

I think, for me, it's the post-holiday, back-to-the-routine blahs.

Hmmm... There was a Starbucks card in my stocking that seems to be calling my name... :)

I think, for me, it's the post-holiday, back-to-the-routine blahs.

Yes!!! Especially with Chris returning to the marine base. :(

Coffee and chocolate solve every ill around here. I'm all for a trip to the park right now, too. Tomorrow will be another day.

LOL we already used Monday for cleaning and playing with friends and Tuesday for a grocery and toy store trip. That is why today was supposed to be getting down to business! I also wanted to go to a Mom group at a new church I checked out Saturday, and we couldn't get up early enough for it because of our sleep schedule, even though DD said I got her up too early and she is tired all day. BLAH!

I'm angry and resentful that I must work in the afternoons because the stupid housing market tanked and dh lost his job, blah, blah, blah....

So, yeah, I know how you feel. I feel like I'm failing at everything these days.

Wanna start a club? :tongue_smilie:

Oh Kalah :grouphug: I so remember those days. They were awful. And my kids were little and didn't need much school then! Be kind to yourself, OK? You ARE doing the best you can.

Exactly!

Aw, you poor thing.:grouphug: DH is the one who is most disappointed I know, and if I call him to vent he will just say again that we should put the kids in school.

*sigh* Thanks :grouphug: I just need to get back into our routine. I was all gung-ho to start on the 2nd, and then we got knocked down like dominoes. Now I'm having a hard time regaining my energy! We're off to the library soon though, that should help.

Cacao, huh? I can't take my normal supplements due to kidney issues. I bet cacao would bother it though, hmmmm...

I'm angry and resentful that I must work in the afternoons because the stupid housing market tanked and dh lost his job, blah, blah, blah.

Me too. I hate the fact that I have to spend 8 hours of my day working when all I really want to be doing is taking care of my family and my home. It's nobody's fault, and most of the time I keep my chin up and just do the best I can, but sometimes, just sometimes, I give in and spend some time feeling sorry for myself.

Wow, it sounds like you were hanging out in my brain! This first week back to school has been a huge failure here for us. PMS + family drama + post-Christmas blues don't make for a pretty picture here. We started school at 2pm today. And this is more the norm than the exception - I'm extra upset about it becuase it was sort of my New Year's resolution to get things in order and stick to a better schedule - for school, housework, meals, etc. But - I stink at this. ;)