Menu

Listing a house question

Yes --

are the 12 weeks right now? B/c, here, the market has been active and I would not want to miss what may be the most active 12 weeks of the year.

You can always amend, change, put in 'please give an hours notice - newborn' things -- but I would not want to miss much time on the market.

:grouphug:

I'm an over-thinker.

Best case--house sells quickly for what we need (haha) and we are able to move before baby (this is the first house I've ever sold--can it even happen that quickly??).

The idea of moving with a newborn makes me itch. I'm almost to the point that I want to wait until 2013 to put the house on the market but this house isn't getting any bigger and it will just be harder to sell with one more person in it.

My brain is going in circles!

I'm an over-thinker. Yup, you are over-thinking;:iagree:

Best case--house sells quickly for what we need (haha) and we are able to move before baby (this is the first house I've ever sold--can it even happen that quickly??). Yes - it can. In fact, every house I have sold, the buyers have wanted to be in the house less than 3 weeks after the contract is ratified.

The idea of moving with a newborn makes me itch. I'm almost to the point that I want to wait until 2013 to put the house on the market but this house isn't getting any bigger and it will just be harder to sell with one more person in it.

My brain is going in circles!

I wouldn't wait -- I would give it a try -- if you find it isn't working for you or it becomes too hectic, take it off. But I am one for giving it a try. Most folks will understand and there is a newborn -- I have looked at houses where we had to don masks so as not to bring in germs during flu season - it never stopped me from looking.

We put our house on the market July 1, 2010, four months before baby was due. We planned to pull it off mid-October if it hadn't sold so we wouldn't end up moving with a newborn. It didn't sell, so that's what we did.

Four days after DS#3 was born, we got a call that someone wanted to make an offer. We plan, God laughs, right?

We accepted, had to househunt with a two week old, and we moved when he was two months old, mid-January. It was hard, but we made it.

In your case, OP, at least you wouldn't have winter to deal with, so I'd do it!

IF the market is moving up in your area, I would list now. It might sell right away if priced right and the right family comes along.

We searched EVERY place with at least 5 acres in our area for 6 months and then ended up buying the house we have now about 12 hours after it was listed. It hit the internet overnight and I saw it at 6am, a friend saw it for me at 7am, called the realtor a bit after 8, had a showing at 11 and by noon had the offer in and by 1pm our offer was accepted. It was just the right house for us.

The previous owners though thought it would take months and months to sell.