Menu

Horizons Math 2 - TM?

KathyBC

It depends. Some people are able to make it without it. The TM contains the answer keys, reproducible worksheets as well as some great teaching ideas. I like having them to make it easier on me. In fact, I have mine available. If your friend is interested, just pm me.

I am using Horizons math 2 with DD and I don't have the teachers guide. The only issue is that there are tons of multi digit addition and subtraction problems with regrouping. I just figure them out as I grade them. I do get into a time crunch as I am also teaching and grading pre-algebra and Horizons math k. Next year I will probably order the teachers guide just to speed up the grading.

HTH,

I use Horizons math with the TMs. If you don't use the TM (except for Kindergarten level) you are missing about half of the program. The TM includes very important things such as teaching concepts, math drills, speed drills, etc.

When I first started homeschooling, I took others' advice that I didn't need the TM. Somewhere in the middle of the year, I looked at the TM and realized how much I was missing and what I should have been doing.

IMO Horizons is an excellent math program, though only when it is used with the TM.