Menu

Any geocachers here?

Several of our friends did it. My husband went with them a few times. I was a member of the Geocaching site for awhile. Those friends moved up north, so our interest has sort of diminished for now. It may be something that we get into once we move.

Our friends really loved it, so hopefully we can give it a real try.

My Dh gave me a GPS for my birthday a few years back with the intent of Geocaching. We love it. My son especially. We try to get coordinates before we go on vacation. It has taken us places we would have never gone, and we've seen things we would have never seen! Good times! :)

:seeya:

We love geocaching! We picked up a Travel Bug Saturday that I need to move along soon.

Our kids love looking around our town and when they see spots where we've found geocaches they say, "people are just walking by with no idea there's a geocache there!". My dad just asks, "Are you going treasure hunting today?" :001_smile:

Yes! My best story is when I, a forty-something, chubby, mama had to crawl on my belly under a (pedestrian) bridge to get a 'small' cache placed way up under the trusses almost to where it met the sidewalk by a nine-year-old boy...

It was walking distance from my mom's place, and there was no way I was going to let that kid defeat me.

We had a great time doing it when we lived in Seattle because there were many caches we could walk to, but there are so few here, and the ones that are here usually are on the US military base where we can't go. I need to recruit some other people to do it with us.