Menu

Gilgamesh

I don't know how I missed it but I need Norton's Anthology for the Gilgamesh reading assignment in Tapestry of Grace Year 1 Week 5.

I don't have it yet. Can I use one of these and still complete the work for the week?

Gilgamesh : a new English version / Stephen Mitchell

The epic of Gilgamesh / retold by Geraldine McCaughrean ; illustrated by David Parkins.

Gilgamesh : translated from the S¯in-leqi-unninn¯i version / John Gardner, John Maier, with the assistance of Richard A. Henshaw.

Gilgamesh / Translated by William Ellery Leonard : Introduced by Leonard Cottrell, Illustrated by Irving Amen.

I don't know but I would caution you to be careful of the version you choose. As I understand, some are more *descriptive* than others.

I had one edition from a library book sale that my eyes popping. Can't tell you the author because that book left the house!

We used Sandar, although I recall that a number of people on this board in its former incantation liked Ferry.

Sandy's advice is good though: read the first few pages and see if you object to how the early, um, action is portrayed.

Jane